Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
dawood
Enthusiast
dawood began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cannot get rid of text-indent

I'm working from a html + css file and converting to epub. I have a toc and the first item is indented. No matter how I try I can't get rid of the indent.

In the finished stylesheet.css it's in .tableofcontents and = 1.5em

I've tried:

.tableofcontents { text-indent: 0pt; } in my css file. No change.
<div class="tableofcontents" style="text-indent: 0pt;"> in the html. This is ignored too.

Any ideas?

This is how htlatex formats the html code:

Code:
       <h1 class="chapter"><a 
 id="x1-1000"></a>Contents</h1> <div class="tableofcontents">
       <span class="chapterToc" > <a  
href="#Q1-1-3">Introduction</a></span>
Edit* I found out that somehow the indent is set with --remove-paragraph-spacing
I removed that option and it's fine now. I thought that option was only for spaces between paragraphs?

Last edited by dawood; 10-21-2013 at 08:43 AM.
dawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you use remove paragraph spacing an indent is automatically added, as otherwise you cannot distinguish paragraphs. There is an additional option to control that amount of indent.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
dawood
Enthusiast
dawood began at the beginning.

Device: none
I see. Thanks. What if a book is non-fiction with unindented paragraphs. Is there a way to detect that, or should I just use a p { text-indent: 0pt; } rule?
dawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawood View Post
I see. Thanks. What if a book is non-fiction with unindented paragraphs. Is there a way to detect that, or should I just use a p { text-indent: 0pt; } rule?
If you want to remove spacing between paragraphs and not have the indents change at all then follow the guidelines in the pop-up when you hover over Indent size, specifically the last sentence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	indentsize.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	113819  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-21-2013 at 10:12 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote