Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Oh, ok, so basically just regular old stack dumps then. Probably not of any use but to the Kobo devs. Thanks for that.
Well, they've kept you guys off the street for a few days...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Well, they've kept you guys off the street for a few days...
And here I never got to discussing the FSCKxxxx.REC files where xxxx is a 4 digit number starting at 0000 and incrementing.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
And here I never got to discussing the FSCKxxxx.REC files where xxxx is a 4 digit number starting at 0000 and incrementing.

Regards,
David
File system check recovery...

Damaged file system.. Sounds like blocks marked as allocated but not linked to a file.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
File system check recovery...

Damaged file system.. Sounds like blocks marked as allocated but not linked to a file.
I noticed them on my uSD card when I modified a book without jumping through the hoops. The book would be deleted from the Kobo view but when I looked at the card on my PC, I would see the fsck file which when renamed to .epub would be the epub file with a chunk of garbage added to the end to bring it's file size up to an even multiple of the block size -- that is on my 16GB card, the file size would be a multiple of 32KB.

Took me back to booting Linux from a floppy disk.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote