Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
.mobi displays OK on Kindle Touch & PW but not on Fire...

I just received a Fire and I'm comparing a typical book I've done with my Touch and PW.

First thing I notice is that a .png logo on title page is much smaller than it's display on the Touch and PW.

But the real problem is this... The line spacing between normal lines of text (within a paragraph) is huge! Even with line spacing on the Fire set to minimum the text looks double spaced. The exact same .mobi displays "properly" on the Touch and PW.

Purchased Amazon books downloaded from the store to the device also have very wide spacing.

Is this just the way the FIRE HD displays eBooks??? Comments?
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Actually, it was usually quite the opposite that people usually complained about: files that look normal on the Fire will have ludicrous line-spacing when viewed on the Touch or the Kindle Keyboard. I can't speak for the PW.

Coming from a Kindle 2 to the Fire HD, I don't really see anything out of the ordinary with the Fire's line-spacing (assuming it's on the smallest setting and the ebook creator hasn't botched things, of course).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote