Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
Cthulhu4u
Cthulhu4u began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
2 questions

hello,

As the title says I have two questions. I'll make it as short as possible.

1. When converting a series of books I elected to have the program add the meta data at the start of the book. I don't like they way it looks now and I don't have the original, unconverted files any more. Is there any way for me to strip data out now?

2. I have downloaded an EPUB and converted it to azw3 for Kindle Fire. When I read the book the small is smaller than it is on other boks, even at the largest font size. Is there any way I can force the book to use the default Kindle Fire font sizes?

Thanks in advance.
Cthulhu4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu4u View Post
hello,

As the title says I have two questions. I'll make it as short as possible.

1. When converting a series of books I elected to have the program add the meta data at the start of the book. I don't like they way it looks now and I don't have the original, unconverted files any more. Is there any way for me to strip data out now?

2. I have downloaded an EPUB and converted it to azw3 for Kindle Fire. When I read the book the small is smaller than it is on other boks, even at the largest font size. Is there any way I can force the book to use the default Kindle Fire font sizes?

Thanks in advance.
To #1

The Modify EPUB PI can remove the 'Jacket' (that is where Calibre puts it)
Note, this will not remove any metadata that is not part of the existing Jacket (some folk: rename the jacket and have removed the guide entry)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert