Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #76
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I find Amasis looks really nice on kindle. I got it out of the nook app for iPad (jailbroken) and edited it to add more weight. My kindle looks like a very good paperback now.
nice, any chance of sharing?
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #77
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I find Amasis looks really nice on kindle. I got it out of the nook app for iPad (jailbroken) and edited it to add more weight. My kindle looks like a very good paperback now.
Looks nice. How does it look on the smallest font setting? Could you please post a screenshot?
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #78
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
nice, any chance of sharing?
I don't mind, but the font is almost certainly copyrighted, so I can't post it. you could PM me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
Looks nice. How does it look on the smallest font setting? Could you please post a screenshot?
I attached smallest and second smallest. notes 1) what it looks like on your monitor is not what it's going to look like on your kindle. Even if you are browsing the forum with your kindle, it will not look the same 2) I made the font bolder than normal (sort of a "Amasis Medium") because my eyes aren't very good. Plus, the original is a bit too light as it was designed for an LCD screen, like the one you're probably using now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-57021.gif
Views:	1202
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	75934   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-57020.gif
Views:	765
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	75935  
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #79
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Barty, I love fonts, thank you very much.

But... Have you noticed a faster drain battery when you use different fonts than the Caecilia?
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #80
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, let's see. My k3 is Jailbroken. I have screensaver and font hacks, launchpad, usbnetworks, I'm running kinamp to stream Internet music, and kaffeine to keep it from going into sleep. So it's kinda hard to say if using a custom is draining my battery more than normal
Advert
Old 09-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #81
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Well, let's see. My k3 is Jailbroken. I have screensaver and font hacks, launchpad, usbnetworks, I'm running kinamp to stream Internet music, and kaffeine to keep it from going into sleep. So it's kinda hard to say if using a custom is draining my battery more than normal
Wow.

Yes, definitely seems difficult

anyway I think I'll continue to use the font, I like much more than the Caecilia, I'm afraid I'll have to charge more often.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #82
Barty
doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Wow.

Yes, definitely seems difficult

anyway I think I'll continue to use the font, I like much more than the Caecilia, I'm afraid I'll have to charge more often.
Actually, the font should not matter.

Possibly you have a book that has hung up the indexer. Click home, then type some random search string, like ujvvft, and see if you have any books still being indexed.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #83
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Man I'm dumb. I should have read this thread a long time ago. I finally realize now that the "alt" font will disappear once you go in and change your fonts back. It will only last as long as you don't go back into the font settings and select another font. Same as the margins thing. This clears things up!
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #84
Barty
doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
Man I'm dumb. I should have read this thread a long time ago. I finally realize now that the "alt" font will disappear once you go in and change your fonts back. It will only last as long as you don't go back into the font settings and select another font. Same as the margins thing. This clears things up!
If you jailbreak and do the "hard" font hack, then the alt font will stay
Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #85
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
If you jailbreak and do the "hard" font hack, then the alt font will stay
Is that an option with the KSO models? I don't think it is. At least not with the K4s yet.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #86
rplacd
rplacd began at the beginning.

Device: K3W, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Is that an option with the KSO models? I don't think it is. At least not with the K4s yet.
For that matter, I wonder whether reader.pref hacking works with K4s. I likes me Times New Roman.

Last edited by rplacd; 10-05-2011 at 02:10 PM.
rplacd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #87
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplacd View Post
For that matter, I wonder whether reader.pref hacking works with K4s. I likes me Times New Roman.
I used the calibre Collections plugin to add another font and narrow the margins on my K4 SO. It works as well as it does on my K3.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-26-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #88
gomezzz
gomezzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
works for latest Kindle (firmware 4.0.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I can confirm, this is alt- solution is working for my Kindle (firmware 4.0.1) like a charm! :-) thank you NiLuJe!!! :-)
gomezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #89
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
K4 users might also be interested in these new settings (as always, these might just be placeholders, I don't have a K4, so I can't test any of this):

Code:
PAGE_COUNT_BEFORE_REFRESH = 6
Code:
ENABLE_MOBI8 = false
So, in case you were wondering, yeah, KF8 is at least coming on the K4 ^^.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-15-2011 at 08:19 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #90
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
K4 users might also be interested in these new settings (as awawys, these might just be placeholders, I don't have a K4, so I can't test any of this):

Code:
PAGE_COUNT_BEFORE_REFRESH = 6
Code:
ENABLE_MOBI8 = false
So, in case you were wondering, yeah, KF8 is at least coming on the K4 ^^.
What I'd love to see is KF8 come to the K3/Kindle Keyboard. I'm hearing a lot of rumors for and against the capability coming. Who knows, but I'd be thrilled if it did because I have no desire for an LCD based tablet reader and I don't like the looks of any of the K4 models.

Oh well, I guess we'll see in time.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote