Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin

I recently finished reading the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. My thoughts are posted here:

http://jasonjfedelem.blogspot.com/20...-franklin.html

This book is recommended.
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Paegan2246
Connoisseur
Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, iPod Touch, 3-160GB iPod classics
Very nice review. When I first bought my Kindle, this was one of the first books I downloaded and read. I, like you, thoroughly enjoyed it, but agree that it is not a "true" autobiography. He glossed over his family life and there were great gaps of years. After reading it, I downloaded Benjamin Franklin: An American Life by Walter Isaacson which I liked very much. It filled in the gaps that his autobiography missed.
Paegan2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Benjamin Franklin: An American Life is added to my wish list.

Dangit, why so expensive? Its 14.99...Sheesh...
Old 07-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
Paegan2246
Connoisseur
Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfedelem View Post
Benjamin Franklin: An American Life is added to my wish list.

Dangit, why so expensive? Its 14.99...Sheesh...
History books, biographies are inexplicably expensive for the Kindle. I'm waiting for the book Imperial (about the Imperial Valley, CA) to come down in price. I refuse to pay 37.99 for an ebook.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
jasonfedelem
Zealot

Do you know if there is a way to set the wish list to alert you when one of the books on it changes price? I've looked but can't seem to find anything.
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
Paegan2246
Connoisseur

Other people have asked the same thing. As far as I know and people have answered, there is no way to set such an alert. It sure would be convenient.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfedelem View Post
Do you know if there is a way to set the wish list to alert you when one of the books on it changes price? I've looked but can't seem to find anything.
Maybe one of these would help?

http://onlinepricealert.com/
http://apricealert.com/alert/
http://www.wishlistbuddy.com/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
jasonfedelem
Zealot

Thanks AnemicOak... I"ll try them when I get home.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:59 PM   #9
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I read his autobiography some years ago and enjoyed it too. He's quite the baudy guy. I remember one line that went something like "women age from the top down", speaking of the desirability of older women.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #10
jasonfedelem
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
went with wishlistbuddy. Looks like it will work well.