Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Question Changing Font-Size

Hello Irex,

a question about font-size: is it possible to change the font-size for ebook-reading? The standard-size "small" is too small (my opinion) and "middle" ist too big, so I want to change these sizes. Is this possible and where do I have to do this?

Second question: in the menu the option "original format" is grey in every book I read until now. Is this the normal behavior?
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
'original layout' is only available if a book has a specific layout - I don't think it's the case with epub books. But it works with pdf documents.
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by myprecious View Post
'original layout' is only available if a book has a specific layout - I don't think it's the case with epub books. But it works with pdf documents.
Correct.

Regarding to font sizes; there is currently no way to change the scaling in the software. You might be able to adjust the font size in the documents though.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:11 AM   #4
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Is it possible to change in the source-code (if this part is open source)?
Old 06-20-2010, 04:09 AM   #5
ThR
Tatütatuter

And yet another question: which size (pt.) has small, middle, l and xl in the moment? 12, 24, 30, 36?
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #6
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
And yet another question: which size (pt.) has small, middle, l and xl in the moment? 12, 24, 30, 36?
The Adobe RMSDK uses scale factors, not font sizes. The factors are currently fixed in proprietary code. The actual points on screen depend on the document.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #7
ThR
Tatütatuter

@Gertjan

OK, thank you. I've found a way. I've changed the font-size in the document style-sheet from 1.0em to 1.1em. Now it's fine for me.

But I have another problem now - page-breaks within sentences in the middle of a side with no correspondent code in the document. Do you have an idea, why and when this could happen? I think there is a coherence with the page-numbering in ADE. Is this possible?

addendum - there is no problem with the described page-breakes in full-screen-mode of this document.

Last edited by ThR; 06-21-2010 at 06:57 AM.