Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #406
velarde
velarde began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
I am using TunnelBear as an VPN. A few days ago I also suddenly had a problem with an order. When I used showip.net to check my location no US location was shown, just "anonymous proxy". I stopped the VPN and started it again to get another IP-address. This time showip.net showed an US location.
The last few days I still get an IP-address sometimes with no location.
Perhaps something has changed concerning IP-addressess for VPN services?
Check your VPN connection with showip.net before buying books. I am curious to know if other people notice the same IP-address problem.

I believe I checked and gave a USA, California IP address or something like that...

Originally I've had a Mexican credit card filled in with a US address. It let me buy for almost 2 years with almost no problems.....
I think I had a couple of isolated problems when I tried buying late at night. I just retried the next day and had no problem. But maybe it was a coincidence...

I do have a US credit card that I could try... and see if it helps...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
velarde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b&n, barnes and noble, international, nook, overseas