Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Watched TV on KFHD

I swore it was something I just wouldn't do. People have gigantic TVs these days, why why why would anyone want to watch TV or movies on their KF or teeny tiny phones?

There was nothing to do at work last night and of course the TV there only has basic cable. So I watched 4 hours of Homeland on my KFHD. I sort of get it now.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
rystevenyu
rystevenyu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I use Kindle when i am outside my house. It's very unique and easy to use and really helps with my business too.
rystevenyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
There was nothing to do at work last night and of course the TV there only has basic cable. So I watched 4 hours of Homeland on my KFHD. I sort of get it now.
Do you mean streaming from Amazon / Netflix / Hulu / etc? I grab random episodes of new-to-me shows when they're free on Amazon, as well as watching Netflix on my Fire before bedtime to make my way through various seasons of shows. It's nice! Plus, with Amazon doing the "free before it airs" promotions I get to catch new pilots before they come on television so I can decide if it's worth a Season Pass on my TiVo.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I use my Amazon Prime On Demand subscription occasionally to watch documentaries. Otherwise I'm not into watching TV in general. I had to look after the dog a few Saturdays ago and sat watching TV all day for the first time in like two years. It felt really awkward. It was like I had never seen a TV in my life. LOL. I used the app on my iPad because I forgot how to use a remote - I always used to get up and change channels on the U-verse box itself.

I barely even use YouTube anymore too.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
When my electric went out a few weeks ago I watched the Local TV station for updates. My Battery TV was dead LOL Even fully charged it only last 90 mins -2 hrs the Fire 4-5 hrs! When I when into the Hospital for Operation on Fri I watch downloaded movies & checked the local TV during the news etc. Fire HD is my new life line LOL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I use my Fire HD for Netflix. I won't consider Prime Videos until Amazon releases an Android app for it. Paid services must be compatible on all of my Android devices.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I use my Fire HD for Netflix. I won't consider Prime Videos until Amazon releases an Android app for it. Paid services must be compatible on all of my Android devices.
I'm in the same boat.

The Fire HD also is great for watching free, full-length movies hosted by YouTube.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
I was watching via the Infinity app. However, your replies gave me a new idea. I had no idea that YouTube had whole movies. Cool.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use TubeMate to watch YouTube videos.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It comes with the youtube app that allows you to download any full movie posted! Right now I have 3-4 Disnay Classics on my Fire HD. I dont even pay for Pime Netflix or any place. Youtube has a better selection & it FREE!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Grabbed TubeMate, thanks! I've been catching up on Games of THrones and Dexter since I got my Kindle Fire
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:33 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
It comes with the youtube app...
Where?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Under Apps it says YouTubei on the app IT goes straight to youtube you can type in search what type of movie your looking for. When you find the movie hold your finger on it ...movie will download. Watch anytime any where.

http://www.amazon.com/MicroMacro-Mob...or+kindle+fire

Last edited by Barbara1955; 01-30-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Under Apps it says YouTubei on the app IT goes straight to youtube you can type in search what type of movie your looking for. When you find the movie hold your finger on it ...movie will download. Watch anytime any where.

http://www.amazon.com/MicroMacro-Mob...or+kindle+fire
Gotcha; it's a third party YouTube app similar to the one I posted.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #15
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

BTW it was in the Cloud til I downloaded it LOL Might check there.