Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
A new chess interface will come "soon": eboard

The chess interface eboard is running on my iLiad. It's much cooler than xboard.

I will post it here when I have played chess online via FISC protocol & have ported another engine Crafty.

fake-FAQ [never asked but could be asked]:
Q: Teasers are great, but downloadable binaries are better.
A: Yep. As a chess fan like me this would be a killer app for iLiad. Starting a teaser thread puts pressure on me not to forget this project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eboard_01.png
Views:	584
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	6924   Click image for larger version

Name:	eboard_02.png
Views:	550
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	6925  

Last edited by yokos; 10-30-2007 at 12:59 PM. Reason: not forget != not to forget
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
I haven't success to compile crafty. It has a makefile, which is very processor specific. There is no "arm" option. "make linux generic" isn't working. I don't know whether there is a way.

Well, eboard does work with the older GNU Chess 5 port.
sjeng 1.x is a another engine. Let's try it.
http://sjeng.org/indexold.html
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Both eboard and crafty are working on the Nokia N800, see here.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
I like your gnuchess already, but please give us the possibility to make this guy weaker!!! Gnuchess always kills me badly and now I am already afraid to even start the application

But I like it very much
Olivier
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote