Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #16
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE, Blk 4GB,3 PEs 2 Blk,1 Red & Kindle Paperwhite, Note2
Yes, it works until March 23, 2012...

signup for your account and then login via your PE and voila, 50GBs...

• Account type: Personal
  • Storage (used/total): 0B / 50.0GB 0% used
  • Bandwidth used: 0B of 10.0GB
  • Max file size: 100 MB — Upload files up to 2GB, view upgrade options
  • Guests enabled: yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
What about file size limits?
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE, Blk 4GB,3 PEs 2 Blk,1 Red & Kindle Paperwhite, Note2
You have to login via the PE to get the 50gig upgrade.... Personal
  • Storage (used/total): 0B / 50.0GB 0% used
  • Bandwidth used: 0B of 10.0GB
  • Max file size: 100 MB — Upload files up to 2GB, view upgrade options
  • Guests enabled: yes
Color me happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
100 meg file limit, seems no one is getting the 50 gigs yet if you read the blog comments
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad3, PRS-650, Kobo Glo,, iPad Mini and a couple of Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post

There's nothing on site that I can see to indicate that this is still available for iOS devices. In fact, it states that it finished in December last year...

Can you point to a link please? I want to let a friend know.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #19
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
There's nothing on site that I can see to indicate that this is still available for iOS devices. In fact, it states that it finished in December last year...

Can you point to a link please? I want to let a friend know.
I think Gerrye confused this thread with the one he'd posted in earlier in the Android section.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I think Gerrye confused this thread with the one he'd posted in earlier in the Android section.
I think so (I didnt read the android section). I decided that rather than wait, I would create a new account, and, as expected, its 5G only. Mind you, that is still a decent size for storing your books.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #21
johnnyb
Addict
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad, iPhone
I got the upgrade from a previous offer but so far I'm super underwhelmed by the service...
It requires you to pay for a desktop supported plan, it's really nothing like Dropbox, more like a grave where all your stiff that ends up and will never be looked at...
Even file sharing only works vis a !Flash! enabled website only (no simple link->download route like with Dropbox...
I'd rather have 5 gigs on Dropbox that 50 on box...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #22
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I got the upgrade from a previous offer but so far I'm super underwhelmed by the service...
It requires you to pay for a desktop supported plan, it's really nothing like Dropbox, more like a grave where all your stiff that ends up and will never be looked at...
Even file sharing only works vis a !Flash! enabled website only (no simple link->download route like with Dropbox...
I'd rather have 5 gigs on Dropbox that 50 on box...
I access it in safari on my phone and download my stored books from there, and get the open-in dialog which is fine, really. I havent tried file sharing because thats not what I wanted it for, but I thought it was much simpler than that... bit of a shame then.

TBH I prefer sugarsync to dropbox, because at least there is the option for a web archive which is where you put stuff you don't necessarily want synced on every device. Prefer sugarsync to almost all the others, actually.