Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Motorola Tablet Headed to Verizon Will Emphasize TV Viewing

While this news is mainly focused on a TV optimized tablet. It still will be running Android, and I'm hoping that Amazon will take noticed and update their Android App to enhance the reading experience on Android.

From PhanDroid
Quote:
What’s more, reports are now in that this same tablet will feature television playback heavily. The TV service portion is purportedly being handled by Verizon’s FiOS digital cable service, which Motorola provides the set-top boxes for. Will the flavor of Android built for this tablet feature more Google TV-like features? Will the tablet be geared towards directly interfacing with Google TV equipment (more...)

From Financial Times (FT.com)
Quote:
Like a flood of tablets set to hit the market, Motorola’s device aims to address other perceived weaknesses of the iPad.

It will support Adobe Flash, the software that underpins some 90 per cent of web videos. Apple has backed an alternative standard, HTML 5, on its iPhone and iPad devices.

Motorola’s device is expected to be thinner and lighter than the iPad and to let users share its wireless data connection with nearby devices.

It will be built with two cameras, one for taking photos and the other facing the user for video conferencing. (more...)

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It now looks like there will be several larger Android tablets with a 1024x600 screen. I assume this will be one, Archos will have one or two (Generation 8 is 5 new Android Tablets), and the Samsung 7" tablet also has this resolution. So it is very likely that the Kindle app will run at this resolution, and I hope Amazon also adds "Tailored to the size, look, and feel" features as they have done for the iPad.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Hmm, TV on a tablet, that could be pretty useful, or if not useful at least interesting. Problem is that my wife already says I spend too much time in the bathroom with my eReader.

I'll add this to the list of possibilities to check out, but with out more details on the specs it is hard to say whether or not it is going to make the short list. I see a tablet matrix appearing on the wiki here in the not too distant future.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote