Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Smile Question about free ebooks on B&N Site?

Can someone tell me how often B&N add/change the offered free ebooks on their site?

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
The official B&N "Free eBooks" page seems to be updated roughly once a week, when they do the Free Friday promo and they seem to have stopped bothering to add in the other publisher promotional free books in the B&N store which have shown up in the meantime.

Your best bet for finding free Nook-compatible books is to check the Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum here, and also the B&N Bookclubs for Nook on their site. How long a promo lasts depends on the publisher, and it seems to be generally to be 1 week on average, although some deals disappear pretty fast, and if you see something you want, don't hesitate to jump on it immediately. It might not be free anymore the next time you look.

You probably already know this, but in case you didn't, as a Nook user, you can also use the freebies from the Sony and Kobo stores, as well as anything that supports the Adobe Digital Editions DRM. It's also worth checking out the Kindle listings to see if someone's added a note that the book is now free in another store.

Hope this helps.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
ATDrake -

Thank you so much! I didn't know about the Sony and Kobo sites. Is it a complicated matter to download from them? Also, someone mentioned on another site that some "freebies" use advertising within the downloaded book. Any info on this?

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
ATDrake -

Thank you so much! I didn't know about the Sony and Kobo sites. Is it a complicated matter to download from them? Also, someone mentioned on another site that some "freebies" use advertising within the downloaded book. Any info on this?

Marie
inkmesh.com is another good place to check for freebies. To move Sony, Kobo & Borders books to my nook, as well as library books, I use Adobe Digital Editions. It wasn't difficult to move the Sony, etc books, I had a bit of trouble with my first library book download but got that fixed.

I think "advertising" is usually in the form of a free preview of the back of the book for upcoming books from the same author. At least that's the only advertising I've found so far.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
denisek
denisek began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic, HTC Incredible, Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
T
You probably already know this, but in case you didn't, as a Nook user, you can also use the freebies from the Sony and Kobo stores, as well as anything that supports the Adobe Digital Editions DRM. It's also worth checking out the Kindle listings to see if someone's added a note that the book is now free in another store.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I never knew this.
denisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert