Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #16
eping
ePub Maker
eping began at the beginning.

Device: iPad,Kindle 3, Nook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I believe it is best to convert PDF to HTML, then in Calibre convert the HTML to EPUB. As I understand it, Calibre is happier dealing with HTML.

Most of the time I simply use the PDF.
Acually, all formats to epub must be converted to XHTML first, then organized and packed as epub. So the quality of epub depends on the quality of conversion from other format to XHTML.

I found only Adobe's Acrobat (not reader) can convert PDF to HTML very well,
but this is a very expensive solution.
Is there other tools can convert PDF to HTML in high quality?
eping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #17
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Graphic designers that have been combining graphics and text for decades are expecting to be able to port over existing documents to ePub. When we can't we ask why.
Its taken me a month to realize that I don't even have the flexibility of HTML from 1995 to use in an epub. If I just had to do it for an iPad I could. But to be able to do tables and images and make it work on multiple platforms will take everyones help. See my new thread - ebook formats/workshops..
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 06:41 AM   #18
yuxi_kelly
Enthusiast
yuxi_kelly began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
i have another quesion,

when i convert a PDF to HTML, A punctuation mark ( - ) used between the parts of a compound word or name or between the syllables of a word in the middle of the text, in this situation the HTML is good.

But when the puctuation mark is at the end of a line of text, the converted HTML will lost the punctuation mark but the one word was divided into two parts(for example:fr-ame to fr ame)!! how can we handle this??

Last edited by yuxi_kelly; 11-21-2010 at 06:45 AM.
yuxi_kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #19
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/

I applied for a job to make ebooks. I read this first and actually got the job.

Last edited by wannabee; 11-21-2010 at 06:58 AM. Reason: fixed spelling
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:38 AM   #20
yuxi_kelly
Enthusiast
yuxi_kelly began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
how to find the encoding of a PDF? because the special characters, such as Greek words in a English laguage book

and i am in China now, i can not open the website you suggested, what a pity!
yuxi_kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert