Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #16
lint
Enthusiast
lint has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader
i left my reader at home today so hopefully someone can test your file and help out. also if someone could post suggestions for the correct image size that would be great. Kirys, I see you added the wording for the author line addition, thanks for adding that!

-todd
lint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #17
Kirys
Zealot
Kirys has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boox M90
still doesn't work I'll make it work in next version :P
Kirys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #18
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
According to ghostwheel over in thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9182 the correct size is: 583x753
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #19
Kirys
Zealot

I'm uploading a version with the suggested resolution.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #20
lint
Enthusiast
lint has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader
just tried it. still getting the left and right margins. the top and bottom seem to be reduced to about 1/8th of an inch now though. keep up[ the great work!

-lint
lint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #21
Kirys
Zealot

the left and right margin can depend on the input file. The software itself tries to preserve the aspect ratio of the source file
Old 01-25-2007, 03:10 AM   #22
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Note: This was posted in the above-referenced download thread, but I wanted to share here as well (for the Sony Reader user's benefit). Thanks!

Cool beans! Man, this lil' proggy worked great for the scanlations I was able to find and take it for a test-drive with!
I ended up using this program to stitch all the pages together and then ran the resultant PDF through yet another awesome prog, PDFRasterfarian. This was a quite painless operation and yielded a very readable manga book for my afternoon viewing. In case you're wondering, JECC yeilded a ~26MB PDF (which opened fine and viewed nicely), but I wanted to see how PDFR worked on it as well (actually loaded both results on my Reader to compare side-by-side); this result was a ~12MB LRF that looked awesome. In the past, I've used PDFR on other PDF ebooks that didn't display very well, and knew that it works well, so I decided to team them up.

IMO, the result of both progs were exceptional, though PDFR made the book easier to read due to sharpening and removing of residual ghosting from the original scan. Don't get me wrong, JECC works great as is; I was just testing and wanted a smaller size file (the dimensions for both were the same, so I don't think any resizing needed to be done since JECC already does that) and thoroughly enjoyed the results.

Thanks for the great app, truly unlocking the Reader's potential (or at least mine!). Here's to your karma!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:07 AM   #23
Kirys
Zealot

I've added a sample pdf generated for the sony with a lossless compression into the main thread of JEC. Let me know if it does work with the sony, If yes i'll add an option for selecting lossless compression into the software.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #24
Kirys
Zealot

Do someone knows the exact sony reader gray shades?
Actually I'm using the same shades of the Iliad that are 16