Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Question, I have a leather sleeve made for the Kobo. It fits the K3 okay but it has a magnetic clasp on it. Do you think it would okay to use for the Fire till I can find a good case for it? The whole magnets thing always makes me leery.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #32
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I haven't gotten a case, but after playing with the device all afternoon I think I'm going to have to get one. It's just not easy to hold because of the thin bezel and somewhat slippery surface. I think I'm going to have to get a case (not just a sleeve) that wraps around all the edges to give me a little extra grip area.

I usually go with M-Edge because I've found their products to be exceptionally well made, but the only case they've got that I might like is the carbon fiber Hampton Jacket. Not really my taste.

BTW I don't know what others say, but I found Marware's quality to be horrible.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I haven't gotten a case, but after playing with the device all afternoon I think I'm going to have to get one. It's just not easy to hold because of the thin bezel and somewhat slippery surface. I think I'm going to have to get a case (not just a sleeve) that wraps around all the edges to give me a little extra grip area.

I usually go with M-Edge because I've found their products to be exceptionally well made, but the only case they've got that I might like is the carbon fiber Hampton Jacket. Not really my taste.

BTW I don't know what others say, but I found Marware's quality to be horrible.
Really? I have a Marware case for my K4 I love it!
It really good quality. It's the Eco-flip. I buy Marware again if it wasn't so darn expensive. I got my Eco-Flip for 50% off.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Okay I just ordered my case. It's cheap but so far reviews are good. I paid $10 total
Old 11-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #35
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
This one is priced cheap with a built-in stand. Looks like it has magnets to keep cover closed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3C6E84LI8U2J9

If I don't go the Oberon route, I'll probably try this.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
This one is priced cheap with a built-in stand. Looks like it has magnets to keep cover closed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3C6E84LI8U2J9

If I don't go the Oberon route, I'll probably try this.
Nice I have a 3Feet stand I can use both Portrait or landscape so I just got a cover that included a screen protector for it.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #37
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
i personally can't stand the little elastic strips that hold the reader in place in most covers...i'd rather have one like the m-edge where the kindle would snap into place into plastic grippers.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #38
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
i personally can't stand the little elastic strips that hold the reader in place in most covers...i'd rather have one like the m-edge where the kindle would snap into place into plastic grippers.
Those are my preference as well. Barnes and Noble have gorgeous cases for their devices. Including ones without the straps.

As an alternative to the straps, you can get a case which allows you to slide the device in it. Like a glove, except the screen remains visible. It would have to be nice plain dark black leather for me though.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #39
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Really? I have a Marware case for my K4 I love it!
It really good quality. It's the Eco-flip. I buy Marware again if it wasn't so darn expensive. I got my Eco-Flip for 50% off.
I had an Eco-Flip for the iPad and it started coming apart almost the first day. Bad sewing job. I called Marware and they sent me a replacement, and it did the same thing. Good service, bad product.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #40
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
yes, was looking for a glove type also (hp touchpad had a nice glove case). The only one i saw close to a glove (at best buy) was a half glove that was made as more of a stand for viewing movies..
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #41
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I posted my MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware review today on my site. Amazon refunded me $10 today because the price went down. It doesn't stand very well, otherwise it's like holding a Moleskine notenook almost. Same form anyway.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #42
jswinden
Nameless Being

I just bought a black leather Belkin Verve Folio Stand cover at Best Buy. It was expensive at $39.99, but so are the other good covers. I really like it lot. Sturdy, light weight, nice fit.

I ordered a Belkin Grip Sleeve for Kindle Fire, Blacktop, for $24.99. I don't like it much as it is as thin as a blanket and not very sturdy. I bought it thinking it would have a tougher outer shell to protect the Fire, but it won't protect against much except scratches. It is definitely not a travel case. I'm going to send it back.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I had an Eco-Flip for the iPad and it started coming apart almost the first day. Bad sewing job. I called Marware and they sent me a replacement, and it did the same thing. Good service, bad product.
Wow my Eco-Flip is very well made. So if you need a case for the K4 it's definitely does not have that issue. Jack has similar issues with the Eco-vue he bought its started to unravel in places. It seems to be style and model specific.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #44
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
So I got the marware case in just a bit ago. i really like it. Think i like the most is the elastic strap on the inside front cover, so when you fold the front cover back you can slip your left hand in there to hold it in your left hand easily. Sweet....
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #45
jswinden
Nameless Being

Belkin Verve Folio Stand (black leather) for Kindle Fire

Here are some photos of this cover.

Pros:
  • Thin
  • Light weight
  • Sturdy
  • Durable
  • Very good protection
  • Leather and good quality materials

Cons:
  • A bit pricey at $39.99

I do recommend this case.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Belkin-Verve-Folio-Stand-01.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	327.2 KB
ID:	79053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Belkin-Verve-Folio-Stand-02.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	326.5 KB
ID:	79054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Belkin-Verve-Folio-Stand-03.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	469.4 KB
ID:	79055  

Last edited by jswinden; 11-16-2011 at 03:40 PM.