Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #31
Kitty
Kitty began at the beginning.

Device: Aaahhhhahahahaha! It's heeeee-rrre! ... oh. CyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
There may be problems with the per-purchase limit on your debit card - if that's what you're using, ... or it could be the more serious problem that Paypal has slapped a Transaction Freeze on our account ...
It's the second one. I see the "account frozen/check or money order only" message when I open the store site - before I even log in.

Quote:
So until we get this straightened out, keep holding your breath!
I'll just print out the page with my order submission and the addy for mailing the payment and get it out in the next day or two. Or maybe I'll wait until a few days after Christmas to miss some of the last minute silliness in the postal system.
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #32
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
It's the second one. I see the "account frozen/check or money order only" message when I open the store site - before I even log in.

I'll just print out the page with my order submission and the addy for mailing the payment and get it out in the next day or two. Or maybe I'll wait until a few days after Christmas to miss some of the last minute silliness in the postal system.
Bad news for NAEB - for the moment... Paypal has this policy where new business accounts cannot have access to any of their receipts until they've *PROVEN* they have shipped product. Of course, as NAEB is just getting started with sales and this first order is both dependent upon placing a minimum order of 1,000 units (pre-paid to Bookeen) and Bookeen is running behind on getting their orders from the OEM manufacturer, Paypal's restrictions (which are being challenged in court as being harmful to new businesses) pretty much have stopped us at NAEB from taking credit card and Paypal orders for now. We have the process of getting a regular credit card processing center account, but we've got paperwork to finish FAXing and they include the requirement of either a voided check or a signed letter from our bank - neither of which we can get until Wednesday at the earliest.

La, and when it rains it pours!

But we're working on it.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2007, 09:18 PM   #33
mcdaniel
mcdaniel began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
What should we do about our orders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Bad news for NAEB - for the moment... Paypal has this policy where new business accounts cannot have access to any of their receipts until they've *PROVEN* they have shipped product. Of course, as NAEB is just getting started with sales and this first order is both dependent upon placing a minimum order of 1,000 units (pre-paid to Bookeen) and Bookeen is running behind on getting their orders from the OEM manufacturer, Paypal's restrictions (which are being challenged in court as being harmful to new businesses) pretty much have stopped us at NAEB from taking credit card and Paypal orders for now. We have the process of getting a regular credit card processing center account, but we've got paperwork to finish FAXing and they include the requirement of either a voided check or a signed letter from our bank - neither of which we can get until Wednesday at the earliest.

La, and when it rains it pours!

But we're working on it.

Derek
Derek:
This raises the question of what happens to the credit card orders already arranged - we thought - through PayPal. Do we need to cancel those credit card orders and redo an order either awaiting NAEB being able to get its own credit card processing or mailing a check to NAEB. As soon as you people are able to advise on this the better.

Thanks,
Robert
mcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #34
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
No, you won't have to do that. The people who ordered are set.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaniel View Post
Derek:
This raises the question of what happens to the credit card orders already arranged - we thought - through PayPal. Do we need to cancel those credit card orders and redo an order either awaiting NAEB being able to get its own credit card processing or mailing a check to NAEB. As soon as you people are able to advise on this the better.

Thanks,
Robert
penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #35
mcdaniel
mcdaniel began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Jim:

Many thanks for replying that those of us who have already completed orders do not have to do anything - despite the PayPal problems. Hope you are able to revise the ordering process soon so that others can give their orders. We really do want to get our Cybooks!

Robert
mcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #36
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NAEB is up except for actual check-out.

Yes, you can now go to our storefront, register for your customer account and add a NAEB package to your shopping cart. The shipping modules have been fixed. All we're waiting for now is getting our difficulties with Paypal fixed and getting a back-up credit card processor set up. So please stop by!

http://store/naebllc.com/

Derek
Old 12-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #37
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Derek,

I just received your mail (NAEB) announcing that the store is up.
I'm astonished to see that my email address (as well as the emails for the rest of recipients) is there for everyone to see.
Bad bad practice, it raises all kinds of privacy issues.
If you don't use a mass mailer at least use BCC.

According to your sign up form
Quote:
We will not give or sell your personal information to any other party, ever.
Nice to see you take it seriously,
Spammers of the world I'm all yours!!!

Please be careful, and merry x-mas.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:25 AM   #38
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeeper View Post
Derek,

I just received your mail (NAEB) announcing that the store is up.
I'm astonished to see that my email address (as well as the emails for the rest of recipients) is there for everyone to see.
Bad bad practice, it raises all kinds of privacy issues.
If you don't use a mass mailer at least use BCC.

According to your sign up form

Nice to see you take it seriously,
Spammers of the world I'm all yours!!!

Please be careful, and merry x-mas.
BKeeper,

Ummm... *MY* bad!?! I truly, honestly, absolutely put the addies into the BCC list, I swear I did! I don't know why they didn't work that way. Just goes to show that SOME email clients don't do as they're supposed to. If I'd have used Outlook Express, I'd have had to port to my machine, but at least I could have been sure the BCC addresses would not have shown!

Until I figure out what went wrong with the email manager I used, any further such will be sent out via my personal machine using Outlook Express, you have my promise.

I apologize for the error.

Derek Benner
Old 12-25-2007, 03:10 AM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi Derek,

I got my e-mail last night too. I was the only recipient shown, so no problems there. HOWEVER, the subject line was blank, which meant that my spam filter caught it for that reason - I only read it because I recognised your name as the sender.

I think that, unfortunately, a lot of people are going to miss out on seeing this message. Do you think it might be worth re-sending in light of the difficulties?

Some people in Europe may also be slightly irritated by the fact that the message goes to great lengths to say how much better a deal this is than that offered by Bookeen, only to find out when they try to order that you won't accept orders from Europe. Perhaps this should be stated in the e-mail?

Best wishes,
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:36 AM   #40
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hi Derek,

I got my e-mail last night too. I was the only recipient shown, so no problems there. HOWEVER, the subject line was blank, which meant that my spam filter caught it for that reason - I only read it because I recognised your name as the sender.

I think that, unfortunately, a lot of people are going to miss out on seeing this message. Do you think it might be worth re-sending in light of the difficulties?

Some people in Europe may also be slightly irritated by the fact that the message goes to great lengths to say how much better a deal this is than that offered by Bookeen, only to find out when they try to order that you won't accept orders from Europe. Perhaps this should be stated in the e-mail?

Best wishes,
Harry,

That is very strange behavior because I specifically put a subject line of "The Not Another E-Book storefront is up." And I still cannot figure out why this particular online email client (supplied by our webhost) did not sufficiently hide the BCC recipients. (To think I'd find myself LAUDING Outlook Express!)

And clearly there's been a bit of mis-communication between myself (in California) and the person making the updates to the storefront (in New York). So, when the next email goes out when our technical issues have been resolved, I will clearly point out the "won't accept orders in Europe" point. (The error, after all, was at my end.)

Derek
Old 12-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #41
PamG
PamG began at the beginning.

Hello Harry T,

Quote:
NAEB already has orders from the U.K..

What we do have to say about orders from Europe is this :

Quote:
Shipping and Handling will be the US prices for sending the readers out and here we have to be very clear about something. If you're in the euro zone order the reader direct from Bookeen. If you order it through us the combination of taxes and shipping cost will send the price past any savings you might have achieved.
http://www.naebllc.com/

We'll gladly sell you a reader but by the time import duties and other cost are added to the price you may not get the savings you had hoped for.

Pamela Gadsden
PamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:27 AM   #42
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamG View Post
Hello Harry T,

NAEB already has orders from the U.K..

What we do have to say about orders from Europe is this :

http://www.naebllc.com/

We'll gladly sell you a reader but by the time import duties and other cost are added to the price you may not get the savings you had hoped for.

Pamela Gadsden
What SHE said!

Yep. My response to Harry can only be classified as being a case of "dumb Derek" and "Christmas Panic"; 'dumb Derek' in the sense that I was responding to Harry without checking to see if we actually had changed our policies (Not always easy to check as I live three time-zones away from other corporate officers) and 'Christmas Panic' in the sense that a VERY LAST MINUTE request to come to a Christmas Day dinner had my household in a Total Dither! And, naturally those two conditions combined to having me shoot off my mouth agreeing to a supposition posted by Harry.

IOW:

The only comment we make about Europe is that by the time the buyer pays
for us shipping the reader back to Europe and for the added customs
duties/taxes, since they bought the product in the U.S., not even the
change in the exchange rate is going to get them much in the way of
savings ( Not to mention the extra wait involved. ).

But there is no policy to refuse orders from Europe.

Derek
Old 12-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, it's my fault entirely, Derek. I'd read the "If you're in the euro zone order the reader direct from Bookeen" and wrongly interpreted that as meaning "we won't sell it to you if you're in Europe". The misunderstanding was entirely mine!

Thank you very much for clarifying the matter.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:37 PM   #44
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
I am #60!

I decided to take the plunge today! I ordered my Cybook through NAEB! I am #60.
I hope they find the other 940 fairly fast. I am very anxious to get mine. Will somebody update this forum to let us know how close we are to the magic 1000 ???

Happy New Year!

Georges
Isle-aux-Grues, Qc
Canada
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:12 PM   #45
RogueTess
RogueTess began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 505, CyBook Gen 3
Wink I am #64

I am so excited! Apparently I am #64 -- I hope a countdown will be posted somewhere. I am a somewhat satisfied Sony Reader PRS 505 owner, but lament the more limited selection of ebooks for purchase. The CyBook seems to fit my needs more. My sister will be the lucky recipient of my 505 once the CyBook arrives. Many thanks to everyone who has posted his/her experiences with all the readers.
RogueTess is offline   Reply With Quote