Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #61
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I read this thread and then placed an order for a Nook Wifi. It's shipping today.
Lucky you!

I started the thread, but mine is delayed - have to wait for one more month!
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #62
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
I just tried to order one to Canada. No can do.
I just had that same experience.
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #63
Meriak
Meriak began at the beginning.

Device: none
Nate,

If I understand correctly you ordered your wifi nook today and it already shipped? Or is your 'shipping today' coming from the automatic estimated shipping date email?

I'm a Canadian that ordered on the 21st, so I would like to know if the delay email really a lie like you're saying in your blog post.

It would also be interesting to know if B&N have a queueing or 'first come first served' system, since people both in this thread and on the B&N forums (link) are reporting delay emails despite ordering before persons that are already receiving their nook. Poster 'LordDon' claims he ordered one early the 21st, yet he received the delay email and he is obviously american since he said he would cancel his order and buy it in a store.

Someone in that thread also wrote that a CS person from B&N said that the 23/7 new date is because their rescheduling system automatically adds 1 month when they fail to ship on time and that they will often ship sooner than the new date. Another person wrote that the CS rep he contacted said he would get it next week even if he got an email. If this is true then they might not be out of stock yet but simply couldn't ship them all on time (or complaining bumps you up the list or making them notice you're American cancels your delay).
Meriak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #64
Iamboring
Iamboring began at the beginning.

Device: nook Wi-Fi
Meriak,

I ordered around noon (EDT) on Tuesday (6/22), it shipped yesterday (6/23) and arrived shortly before noon today (6/24). Wish I were home to play with it right now...

What does your Barnes & Noble account say?

By the way, if you add the Nook Wi-fi to your cart, it says "Usually ships within 24 hours" when you view the cart.
Iamboring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #65
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I ordered a Nook WiFi last night at around 9PM EDT (US Eastern). Got a shipment notice with a UPS tracking number this morning.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #66
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
I've tried to order but I only get the message that they're not able to ship to my location.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #67
Meriak
Meriak began at the beginning.

Device: none
Well I just checked again and it went from Expected to ship 7/23 (the new shipping date) to Cancelled (I did not cancel my order).

The obvious reason would be that they cancelled the orders from outside the States, but its illegal to do that as it is a form of breach of contract, even if it was caused by an error on the website (at least it is in Canada).
Meriak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #68
phonex98
phonex98 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
CANCELLED

Just checked and mine (Canada) was cancelled too... I'm pretty mad!
phonex98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #69
Iamboring
Iamboring began at the beginning.

Device: nook Wi-Fi
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/s...78843#shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes & Noble
I don't live in the U.S. Can I buy a NOOK?
No. At this time, NOOK is not for sale outside the U.S.
Looks like a mistake.

In the US a merchant has pretty much free reign on cancelling an order when an authorization hold is placed (not a formal charge yet, but it impacts your available credit by the amount of the order). Once the item actually ships, they change the hold to a formal charge, at which point they have to honor the sale (for instance, if B&N allowed you to checkout with a nook 3G for $19.99 instead of the proper $199.99, they could cancel it before it shipped, but once it shipped, they couldn't charge you more or compel you to return it.)
Iamboring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #70
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
Just checked, they cancelled mine too
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #71
Mistar39
Mistar39 began at the beginning.

Device: No Int Nook:( Hello Kindle2
Mine was cancelled aswell, but not by me, I´ve tried this morning but the web didn´t allow me to cancel.

There are some people claiming that B&N have allready shipped their Nook overseas. Best luck

Last edited by Mistar39; 06-24-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Mistar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #72
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
I just tried to order one to Canada. No can do.

that's in the manual online sells you can order it in Canada and have a Canadian billing address for you CC and can also download books wirelessly in Canada.

Last edited by boswd; 06-24-2010 at 02:52 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #73
HelliH
Connoisseur
HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook/PB 360/PB IQ
My order to Germany has also been cancelled by B&N. :-((((

And so far they did't bother to notify me by mail...

Last edited by HelliH; 06-24-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: I forgot ...
HelliH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #74
jdrew
jdrew began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi?
I received an order shipment email on 23/06 but just received the following email:

"Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you regarding your recent order for the Barnes & Noble
NOOK WiFi. Due to our current international shipping agreement, we are
unable to ship this device to addresses outside of the US.

If you received a shipping confirmation email, we have refunded your
original payment method. All other orders were canceled and were not
billed.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and
disappointment this may have caused.

We value your patronage and hope to be given the opportunity to continue
to serve you in the future.

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble"

EEP?!
jdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #75
bot
bot began at the beginning.

Device: nook
same here

I am in the same situation as you, they emailed me saying it shipped on the 23rd, but they are now cancelling my order. Im still hoping i get it.
bot is offline   Reply With Quote