Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
farble1670
farble1670 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
PDF conversion fails

i have a PDF that fails to convert to .mobi. i can't post the file, but i wouldn't mind sending it to the author for evaluation purposes. how do i go about this?
farble1670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by farble1670 View Post
i have a PDF that fails to convert to .mobi. i can't post the file, but i wouldn't mind sending it to the author for evaluation purposes. how do i go about this?
You can submit a bug report here.

Additionally you can place the error message here with a description of your system and calibre version. We might be able to point you in the right direction.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool pdf to mobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by farble1670 View Post
as a rule i don't convert pdf to mobi. instead i convert the pdf to txt or rtf, then edit it in openoffice and save it as an odt file and then convert that to mobi.
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote