Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #301
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Yep. Still Android version 4.0.4.

Kernel version 2.0.31 [EDIT: actually 3.0.31 - typoed :P], build@kb-bd-lin32-001 #1, SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 9 11:38:25 EST 2013

Build number IMM76L613

Last edited by JD Gumby; 01-23-2013 at 05:16 PM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #302
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
JD are you sure your kernel is not 3.0.31
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #303
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
Just updated as well 270 MB download and I'm still on 4.04? Where is Jellybean? I have it on my phone and am waiting anxiously for it on my Arc!! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Yep. Still Android version 4.0.4.

Kernel version 2.0.31 [EDIT: actually 3.0.31 - typoed :P], build@kb-bd-lin32-001 #1, SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 9 11:38:25 EST 2013

Build number IMM76L613
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #304
Flippo
Flippo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyth View Post
Hello there ! I did write a few times about this to the Kobo support ... I found a solution though to solve this: turn off the SRS Trumedia and it will fix it
thank you, I tried to switch off the SRs and sound is still there different one but still
Flippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #305
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
Awesome! Hopefully you'll use Tapestries and Discovery for a while to give it a chance!
Question: Is Discovery intertwined with Tapestries? If we use a non-Tapestries launcher, will we avoid "Discovery" (some would say snooping, but I didn't say that) activity?
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #306
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
unless you disable discovery in the app settings it will still run in the background even with a new launcher.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #307
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You'll probably want to disable the "KoboTracking" app, as well. No idea what information it might be collecting for Kobo, but it's definitely not information they have any legitimate reason to collect (it never is when it comes to the 'Net or 'Net-enabled devices).
Old 02-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #308
nmss
nmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Arc, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
You'll probably want to disable the "KoboTracking" app, as well. No idea what information it might be collecting for Kobo, but it's definitely not information they have any legitimate reason to collect (it never is when it comes to the 'Net or 'Net-enabled devices).
What's the Kobo tracking app? I looked in the list of all my apps in settings, but there wasn't anything that resembles that name...
nmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #309
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmss View Post
What's the Kobo tracking app? I looked in the list of all my apps in settings, but there wasn't anything that resembles that name...
Ah. It's been renamed to KoboSystem. Must've been in the most recent update. Sneaky of them and makes me distrust it all the more.

Settings -> Apps -> All -> KoboSystem
Old 02-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #310
nmackinnon
nmackinnon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Hey this cool: in an un-Holy matrimony of cross-platform mating, I am using my iPhone 4S Personal Hotspots as my Kobo's Wifi connection. And it works just fine!
nmackinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #311
Pon Farr
Pon Farr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 64gb Black
Kobo Arc 64gb USA availability

Why can't we get this in the USA yet?
If there was a problem delaying production, then it shouldn't be released in Canada, UK, Australia, etc..
Nobody seems to know anything.
I need to know when I can get the 64gb arc in the United States
Pon Farr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #312
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Probably for the same reason we couldn't get Kindle readers in Canada.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #313
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pon Farr View Post
If there was a problem delaying production, then it shouldn't be released in Canada, UK, Australia, etc..
It's got to be released somewhere first. Why not somewhere other than the US?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #314
Pon Farr
Pon Farr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 64gb Black
Don't care who gets arc 64gb 1st

I get it was released in Canada and elsewhere 1st. cool. fine.
doesn't bother me a bit.
My question was.....
WHEN can I expect it to be released in the USA?
especially since it has been available elsewhere since November 2012 if my research is correct.

Why couldn't you get kindle readers in Canada??

Last edited by Pon Farr; 02-28-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: forgot to ask
Pon Farr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #315
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pon Farr View Post
I get it was released in Canada and elsewhere 1st. cool. fine.
doesn't bother me a bit.
My question was.....
WHEN can I expect it to be released in the USA?
especially since it has been available elsewhere since November 2012 if my research is correct.

Why couldn't you get kindle readers in Canada??
If it doesn't bother you, you should probably have left all the whiny bits out of your post. If you had left out....

Quote:
....and just posted...

Quote:
....what you said might be true. As it is, you just come across whiny.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote