Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #166
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
Not personal. I'm very interested in behavior, buying patterns and such. I'm strange that way, lol. It's one reason I love forums; I get to watch people.
It might also be playing advocate of the devil. Saying you don't need it but finally convincing yourself you do want it
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:50 AM   #167
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It might also be playing advocate of the devil. Saying you don't need it but finally convincing yourself you do want it
Yes, I wonder about that. There was a guy on Amazon's Kindle forum who posted a bunch about iPad, saying he'd checked it out and found it not worth buying. He even said he was surprised that people were satisfied with its low standards. (I'm not a techie and admittedly have few tech demands, lol.) Then the guy ends up buying an iPad and liking it.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 04:17 AM   #168
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
I have to admit I haven't touched my Kindle since I got an iPad. I love having the flexability to read epub, PDF, Kindle and comics all on the same device. As well as browse the web quickly, tweet, access Facebook. The Kindle is a lovely device (Even moreso with the pricecut) but I personally get more use out of a multifunction device.

I just wish Amazon would let me change the background colour on the iPad Kindle app. I'd prefer to have white.
Flub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #169
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flub View Post
I have to admit I haven't touched my Kindle since I got an iPad. I love having the flexability to read epub, PDF, Kindle and comics all on the same device. As well as browse the web quickly, tweet, access Facebook. The Kindle is a lovely device (Even moreso with the pricecut) but I personally get more use out of a multifunction device.

I just wish Amazon would let me change the background colour on the iPad Kindle app. I'd prefer to have white.
I'm just the opposite. I love my iPad, but it will never replace my Kindle. It's just too hard on my eyes.

BTW, the Kindle app on my iPad lets me choose between black on white, black on sepia and white on black. Maybe you have an older version.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:16 AM   #170
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Have an iPad, a Sony reader and a net book. Hardly touched the net book and reader since I got the iPad. It is a good reader and a great general computing device especially for regular travellers. Went to Borneo last week and had a couple of days off grid (no electric or Internet). Carried on reading my books, answering emails and making notes via Evernote while the kids in the longhouse played scrabble on it in the evening. Then synched everything up when I hit KL airport using their free wifi while transferring between flights.

The iPad is by no means perfect but it is a pretty good ereader.
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 12:57 AM   #171
kardava
kardava began at the beginning.

Device: iliad, iPad & iphone
I only just got my iPad, but gotta say I love it, I'm a avid reader and haven't had any trouble reading on it.

My ink reader is the Iliad and I found it very buggy and slow but because a lot of my ebooks were DRM mobipocket. Am now looking at stripping the drm from my mobipocket books, it's just a daunting task something like 1000 books.

I curse the day amazon bought mobipocket because it certainly killed development, as I curse the day barnes & noble bought ereader because fiction wise who used to be my main source for ebooks, is so bad now that I haven't bought a book there since February apart from to spend my points
kardava is offline   Reply With Quote