Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #16
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
I joined the Tor.com site a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen any free e-books anywhere. Did they stop doing that?
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #17
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
I joined the Tor.com site a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen any free e-books anywhere. Did they stop doing that?
You weren't looking very hard! This one is mentioned on the front page...
http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=...w=blog&id=9263

It's been up for a while, so there should be a new one soon, hopefully.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #18
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
Well, yes, I saw that one, and of course there are the stories you can download, but what I meant was that I didn't see any of the other free e-books that people have mentioned. I assume those have been taken down?
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #19
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
Well, yes, I saw that one, and of course there are the stories you can download, but what I meant was that I didn't see any of the other free e-books that people have mentioned. I assume those have been taken down?
Yes, I'm almost certain that they have been.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #20
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Butler View Post
The dog does have three legs.
I know, but I still don't see the connection. What does a three legged dog have to do with Jesus Christ?
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
I know, but I still don't see the connection. What does a three legged dog have to do with Jesus Christ?
Both are works of fiction?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #22
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
Quote:
What does a three legged dog have to do with Jesus Christ?
A trinity of legs, maybe?
Bob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote