Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
mrkinsopo
mrkinsopo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle FIre
Is there a way...exporting

Enjoying immensely the flexibility of Calibre. A noob's apology if this is well known, but a quick perusal of the forum and help files has not indicated to me any method for the following: A friend has returned an Excel worksheet of my library, edited with, um, far more requests than I expected. I don't want to select and email these books individually. I could setup the web-server and let him self-serve, I suppose, but is there a way to use the worksheet as a query source for exporting these e-books? Not looking for a step-by-step (although if you are offering, I'm appreciative)...just a simple "yes it's possible, and simple or difficult or you need to learn such and such, etc. That's it. Many thanks. BTW, I have some SQL skills, if that is of any value.
mrkinsopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@mrkinsopo - welcome to MobileRead.

Actually I have a plugin discussed here which I am going to put a beta version up in a few days which amongst other things would allow you to do exactly this. You export from excel as a casv file, then use this plugin to import the csv file matching aginst the books in your library. You will be left with a search result displayed in your library showing all the matching books, you can then just right-click and Save to Disk to have just that subset exported for your friend.

If you have a more urgent need for it drop me a PM, the CSV functionality is completely done, it is other features I am still adding.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
database, email books, excel, export, query