Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #166
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
thank you pkbo!!

I assign to the down_key, long, and I see that HIDDEN main menu of the CR3!! ROCK ON DUDE!!! The cites works awesome!!! this is it men!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
In order to see this list you need to get to main menu of coolreader. It is a bit tricky. Global PB key mappings have higher priority over keymaps.ini file but we need to use keymaps.ini to set some functions that have no analog in the PB settings or they overlap, for example PocketBook Main menu and coolreader main menu.

By default coolreader main menu set to KEY_OK, LONG and KEY_HOME but it will not work if some other actions are set to these keys in the PB global settings.
To make it work you need assign no action to the one of above mentioned keys in the global settings or edit keymaps.ini [main] section to assign MCMD_MAIN_MENU to any key that is not used in your global PB settings.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:58 AM   #167
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
For some reason I cannt seem to get this to work, im sure its all me etc. but still frustrated.

I have a PB360
Ive downloaded the current verion of CR3 (0.0.5-5)
I have copied the relevent filed to the bin folder ( were my fbreader program is currently )
Copyed the shared stuff to the shared folder ( has its own directory .. cr3 )
and finally edited the extenions.cfg file adding in cr3-pb.app to the epub line entry.

I get the option to open a book using cr3-pb when I select a book using the Long Press of the center button.

But it comes up and says it "cannot start program" ... any suggetions?

Thank you.

Last edited by askyn; 06-28-2011 at 12:21 PM.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #168
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
For some reason I cannt seem to get this to work, im sure its all me etc. but still frustrated.

I have a PB360
Ive downloaded the current verion of CR3 (0.0.5-5)
I have copied the relevent filed to the bin folder ( were my fbreader program is currently )
Copyed the shared stuff to the shared folder ( has its own directory .. cr3 )
and finally edited the extenions.cfg file adding in cr3-pb.app to the epub line entry.

I get the option to open a book using cr3-pb when I select a book using the Long Press of the center button.

But it comes up and says it cannt find / run the app ... any suggetions?

Thank you.
perhaps really dumb suggestion, but is it possible that the name you use in the "extensions.cfg" file is spelled differently from the one in the "system\bin" folder (maybe an extra space or comma or something), in which case PB wouldn't understand the command?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 AM   #169
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
perhaps really dumb suggestion, but is it possible that the name you use in the "extensions.cfg" file is spelled differently from the one in the "system\bin" folder (maybe an extra space or comma or something), in which case PB wouldn't understand the command?
Im pretty sure thats not the case, but its always possilbe ( rofl altho I have tried it about 3 times tonight etc ).

Im going to wait till morning, get some sleep and then try it again with a clean setup of the files etc.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #170
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
Quote:
Im pretty sure thats not the case, but its always possilbe ( rofl altho I have tried it about 3 times tonight etc ).

Im going to wait till morning, get some sleep and then try it again with a clean setup of the files etc.
If you're sure the name is correctly typed in the 'extensions.cfg' file, then try erasing the file 'handlers.cfg' located in the same folder as 'extensions.cfg' (in \system\profiles\default\config\). It's worked for me. Make a backup copy of 'handlers.cfg' first just in case.

Last edited by sein; 06-28-2011 at 05:55 AM.
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #171
askyn
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post
If you're sure the name is correctly typed in the 'extensions.cfg' file, then try erasing the file 'handlers.cfg' located in the same folder as 'extensions.cfg' (in \system\profiles\default\config\). It's worked for me. Make a backup copy of 'handlers.cfg' first just in case.
I thank you for the suggestion.

I did try it and this didnt work for me either .. kind of frustrating.

Im going to list the directory list of files to show they were installed, maybe im a dunce and didnt do it correctly.

system\bin\cr3-pb.app
system\share\cr3

Here is a copy of my extenions.cfg file ( used spoiler option to keep posting looking short )
Spoiler:
txt:@Text_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
php:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
asp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
jsp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_CHM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
prc:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
pdb:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
mobi:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
pdf:@PDF_file:1dfviewer.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON _PDF
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
djv:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app,AdobeViewer.app,fbreader.app:ICON_EPUB
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF

Here is the fresh copy of the handlers.cfg file (removed old one per suggestion)
/mnt/ext2/Books/Bible/Bible HSC/New Testament/013 - 1 Thessalonians.epub:cr3-pb.app

They error I get is "Cannot open program", so I assume something is wrong with the directory structure or with how the extensions.cfg file is setup... what do you think?
Old 06-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #172
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Lightbulb Re: Coolreader New Version

Linux doesn't like spaces in filenames...

Here is the fresh copy of the handlers.cfg file (removed old one per suggestion)
/mnt/ext2/Books/Bible/Bible HSC/New Testament/013 - 1 Thessalonians.epub:cr3-pb.app

They error I get is "Cannot open program", so I assume something is wrong with the directory structure or with how the extensions.cfg file is setup... what do you think?[/QUOTE]
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #173
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
@askyn: Silly idea, but are you sure you have the correct version for your device?
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #174
askyn
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayment View Post
Linux doesn't like spaces in filenames...

They error I get is "Cannot open program", so I assume something is wrong with the directory structure or with how the extensions.cfg file is setup... what do you think?
[/QUOTE]

That would be a huge problem then wouldnt it? I dont belive that the spaces is the issue.

Specially since what you see is the name of the book that is already on the PB360 and works with both adobeviewer and fbreader. Considering that the PB360 doesnt have a problem finding and displaying the location of the book in question ( and belive me ... tons of my books are setup this way, spaces between series name and series number then space between title etc ) I dont think that that is the problem.

Thank you tho =0
Old 06-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #175
askyn
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
@askyn: Silly idea, but are you sure you have the correct version for your device?
BING BING BING .. we have a winner .. sigh .. KNEW it was me =)

I had some how clicked on the link for the PRO 5.5 version.

Found a link for the 5.4 version, downloaded and installed and it works.

Still dont know how I down loaded the wrong version, but I did. Thank you for the suggestion that made me rethink what I thought was a basic I had right.

Now to play around with things and see what happens.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #176
askyn
Addict

So far im liking coolreader a lot, thank you all that have helped me get it installed and set up

Question:
I was playing around with the citation feature and I was wondering how would clear a citation?

and two related questions:
How do you edit the keybindings for cr? I can see the keybindings in the configuration menu, but I am unable to move down to change anything.

Related to the above, is there away to assign the up / down button to increase / decrease the font size inside a book?

I see the default is zoom in / out ... but I assume that is more for pdfs etc as it doesnt seem to do much at all in epubs.

thanks

Last edited by askyn; 06-28-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #177
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
check post #166 to see if that can help....
Quote:
So far im liking coolreader a lot, thank you all that have helped me get it installed and set up

Question:
I was playing around with the citation feature and I was wondering how would clear a citation?

and two related questions:
How do you edit the keybindings for cr? I can see the keybindings in the configuration menu, but I am unable to move down to change anything.

Related to the above, is there away to assign the up / down button to increase / decrease the font size inside a book?

I see the default is zoom in / out ... but I assume that is more for pdfs etc as it doesnt seem to do much at all in epubs.

thanks
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #178
askyn
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
check post #166 to see if that can help....
as helpfull as im sure you thought that posting was, it really wasnt ... sorry.

All that that post really told me was how to access the CR main menu, which I already knew.

Im tring to figure out how to change the key assignments for CR, if the only way to do that is via manually editing a key.ini file ... well I guess thats not going to happen.

When accessing the CR main menu, I can see the key assignments but not change them.

Soooo .. back to original question that hasnt been answered.

How to clear citations, and how to edit the key assignments for CR

Thank you.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #179
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
How to clear citations, and how to edit the key assignments for CR
You can't clear citations in the 5-4 version, you edit key assignments in the PB global settings.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #180
askyn
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
You can't clear citations in the 5-4 version, you edit key assignments in the PB global settings.
aaahhh .. ok

Since there isnt an option to increase font size that way. Then you couldnt assign font increase/decrease to up / down buttons. You just have to go in a couple of menu options then to change it.

Thank you =) .. that helps a lot.