Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Master your domain with the Tablet’s built-in IR blaster and universal remote control app. This VIZIO-exclusive app enables the Tablet to communicate with your home theater devices‡ and control them all with the Tablet. You can also set up a profile for each room in your house and then control those devices as you move from room to room. The built-in HDMI® port is fully HDCP compliant so you can output HD video to multiple TVs and monitors, making it a breeze to watch HD content on your big screen HDTV**.
http://www.vizio.com/accessories/vtab1008.html
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I have two Vizio TVs which use two different remotes. If this thing integrates with both of them; well, it'd prolly look good on my coffee table.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've never heard of "Vizio" as a brand. Do they only sell in the US?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't know what their territory is: http://www.vizio.com/

but I bought their high-end LED TV last Fall based on reviews, warranty and specs: XVT473SV http://www.vizio.com/xvt473sv.html

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #20
timothyh
timothyh is on a distinguished road

Device: nook color, nook touch, sony 350
I would very much like to hear from owners about their experience with the Vizio tab. Nice to see someone posting with information concerning the tab. I own a cm7 rooted nook, but would like additional features and a larger screen, but maybe not 10 inch like most other tabs.
timothyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #21
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vizio
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #22
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
I posted a link to a review by mobiletechreview here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146208

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #23
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Hmmm...8 inches is a nice size. Been ready to move on from 7 inches for some time now. Would be nice if Amazon came out with something like this. After playing with the Galaxy Tab 10", everything is feels like a brick. My NOOKcolor is too heavy now!

Last edited by SCION; 08-17-2011 at 05:51 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #24
marvin02
marvin02 began at the beginning.

Device: VTAB1008
The Vizio Tablets are now selling at Costco, Sam's Club and Amazon under $290.

We picked one up instead of a Nook Color.

Really liking it so far, using mostly as an e-reader. We have Kindle, Nook, and FBReader installed.

I am using Launcher Pro as a replacement for the Vizio custom interface.

-----
Vizio Tablet VTAB1008 articles
marvin02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #25
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Yes, I saw them at COSTCO on Friday for $289 and I was sorely tempted.

I’d like one for a coffee table tab, with TV remote and IR blaster, but the reviews I’ve seen on the remote app haven’t been all that great.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #26
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Yes, I saw them at COSTCO on Friday for $289 and I was sorely tempted.

I’d like one for a coffee table tab, with TV remote and IR blaster, but the reviews I’ve seen on the remote app haven’t been all that great.
If Vizio's history holds true, then their first crack at a product is usually a decent/good one but not great and then it improves greatly. If they stay true to updates and stick with making next generations tablets, Vizio will definitly be one to keep an eye on.

I've been following them since their TV's were only sold at Costco's and were considered the best of the cheapo's to now Editor's Choice and specs to match anyone.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #27
lost101
Enthusiast
lost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: HTC Hero
Quote:
Vizio has just rolled out an update for its 8-inch Tablet that promises quite a few improvements, including better graphics performance, faster UI navigation, and better battery life.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/06/v...rformance-boo/
lost101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #28
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
I have had my Vizio tablet since Christmas.
I am really enjoying it. I did spend a fair amount of time deciding what I really wanted in a tablet and this one had it all.
If they fix Skype I'll be the happiest camper ever.
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote