Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #16
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
"All Americans are culturally insensitive morons"

Oh hey, I had not heard that one yet.

Nice.

jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmurray View Post
I don't know jacksonunit. Maybe it would do Americans good to occassionally listen to what the rest of the world is saying.
You're absolutely correct. For far too long I have been remiss. It is time I started following the news of the leading powers. Can you recommend an English language paper from India, China, or Russia?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #18
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Can you recommend an English language paper from India, China, or Russia?
Well, the following are worth a look, for different reasons...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:17 AM   #19
melmurray
Enthusiast
melmurray began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonunit View Post
What? "We hate America!", "George Bush Sucks", "American's are fat and lazystupid dum dum heads..."

Yeah, I've heard all that already.

I think you'll find that debates on American foreign policy are slightly more nuanced than that.
The other point of course is that the 'rest of the world' have their own preoccupations and issues, quite apart from anything to do with America. It's worth knowing what they are I would have thought.
melmurray is offline   Reply With Quote