Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #76
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
There are so, so very many books this is true for!
I haven't bought a book over $10 since that Christmas. It taught me that no fiction book is worth that much! $8 is my book limit.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #77
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Nevada Heat US DE by Maureen Child. This may be self-published, but she has written many books for Harlequin.

Quote:
Jesse Hogan has come to Bandit’s Canyon seeking the tattooed badman who destroyed his family. His quest for vengeance becomes complicated when he finds the haven for outlaws being run by a beautiful, vulnerable woman. Miranda Perry can’t possibly be as innocent as she seems.

Miranda’s dreams of turning Bandit’s Canyon legit are threatened by the rougher men who hide out there these days. She sees trouble in the arrival of the brooding stranger… but she sees something more, too. The sadness in Jesse’s eyes calls to her, and the tenderness of his embrace feels too good to be bad. She promised her mother she'd never fall in love with an outlaw. Until now, until Jesse, she never had a problem keeping that promise.

As Jesse lies in wait for his nemesis, he discovers that the only thing sweeter than revenge is a night in the arms of the woman he loves…
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #78
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some nice books at Amazon today:

Historical romance box set (Of Noble Birth & Honor Bound) US DE by Brenda Novak - a repeat freebie.

Bringing Down Sam US DE by Leslie Kelly, a Harlequin author whose books I enjoy a lot. (Amazon just tells me this is also a repeat freebie)

Quote:
High school teacher Eve Barret has a secret--she was once a child modeling superstar. She's left that life far behind, and has no intention of returning to it. At least not until her best friends talk her into a crazy scheme to "bring down" Public Enemy Number 1: Sam Kenneman.

Sam Kenneman has every woman in the country up in arms about his new bestseller, 101 Ways To Avoid Commitment. The book's supposed to be a joke--but women aren't getting it. Now he just wants the frenzy to die down so life can go back to normal.

Her goal? Teach him a lesson.

His goal? Don't fall for the sexy blonde.

The problem? They can't resist each other!
Ex and the Single Girl US DE by Lani Diane Rich, first published in 2005.

Quote:
"It's not you, it's me...

...well, maybe it's a little you."

Penis Teflon. That’s what Portia Fallon calls the man-repelling curse that keeps men from sticking to the women in her family. When Portia gets dumped — on Valentine’s Day no less — she fears she’s inherited the curse. So when her mother calls her home, she leaves wintry Syracuse and her PhD work behind, and heeds the call. A summer back home in Truly, Georgia, and she’ll be able to regroup and finally finish that dissertation…

She should have known it wouldn’t be that simple. Her mother, Mags, is crazier than usual, and that’s a high bar; Aunt Vera keeps smiling over of an emotional crisis she won’t talk about; and Grandma Bev has her surly turned up to eleven. On top of that, there’s a British writer in town they’ve decided will be Portia’s “Flyer” — a one-night-stand meant to clear a girl’s energy so she can get the ex out of her system. It’s the perfect plan, until Portia falls for her Flyer, and the ex shows up in town with a ring and a promise to stick for good. Now Portia has to figure out what she really wants, and what she’s willing to risk to get it.
The Girl with the Cat Tattoo US DE by Anne Frasier aka Theresa Weir.

Quote:
Theresa Weir's first romance in thirteen years!

For cat lovers everywhere, this sweet, quirky, and delightful romance is about a young woman and her matchmaking cat.

A little bit of mystery, a whole lot of whimsy.

About the book:

When a matchmaking cat takes it upon himself to find his young mistress a new mate, he accidentally stirs up memories better left forgotten.

Melody’s husband was murdered by what seemed a random act of violence. Two years later, the killer hasn’t been caught, and Melody is coping in unhealthy ways. During the day she’s a mild-mannered children’s librarian, but at night she’s a party girl, hanging out in bars, drinking with new friends, and often bringing home strange men. Although acquaintances have tried to keep in touch, Melody has cut herself off from most of the people in her old life. Max, her eccentric cat, doesn’t approve of her new friends, he’s tired of the parade of losers, and he finally takes it upon himself to find Melody a new man.
Mysterious Masquerade US DE by Hilary Gilman, which was first published by Robert Hale in 1979.

Quote:
Rich, handsome and well-born, the Duke of Staynes might have had his pick all the most charming debutantes in London for more Seasons than he cares to remember. Yet it has been so long since even the loveliest girl has caused his pulses to quickened one jot, that when he meets Angel Graham, a beautiful innocent in distress, he resolves not to let her vanish from his life. But, having accepted his assistance, Angel fails to keep an assignation and the Duke begins to suspect a mystery.

Angel does not know whether to be glad or sorry when her efforts to escape the Duke prove unsuccessful. But once she is in his power, she learns that Staynes has as many secrets as she, and he has a use for her and her scapegrace brother.

From the fashionable assemblies of Almacks to the shadowy world of espionage, Staynes and Angel must set aside the rising tide of passion that threatens to overwhelm them and work together instead to save England from the menace of treason within the very highest circles of the Ton.
Captured US DE by Victoria Lynne, first published by Avon in 1995 (repeat freebie)

Quote:
Devon Blake's quick wits and good luck helped her survive on the streets of Liverpool. But in America, she finds herself in serious trouble. Accused of spying, she seems destined for the gallows. And it is handsome, dynamic Captain Cole McRae who must lead her to prison. Treachery destroyed Cole's ship and most of his crew. Now he's determined to see the dark-haired beauty responsible jailed for her heinous crime- and Devon's wild attempts at escape only fire his fury. But Cole and Devon's daring race through enemy territory ignites a passion stronger than vengeance.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #79
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Found me a couple new ones here, my to be read pile is gonna topple over soon!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #80
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I haven't bought a book over $10 since that Christmas. It taught me that no fiction book is worth that much! $8 is my book limit.
Same here!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #81
Britomart
Guru

Free at Amazon:

The Marigold Chain US DE by Stella Riley, first published by Fontana (GB) in 1983. I read this many years ago and liked it a lot. The hero is to die for! and the heroine not bad, either

Quote:
It is 1666 - the year when people who take prophecy seriously believe that the world is going to end.
For Chloe Herveaux - twenty years old, half-French and practical - marriage to wild, unpredictable Alex Deveril offers escape from a home she hates. For Alex, it is a refuge of a different kind. But while the marriage remains in name only and both, for reasons of their own, agree to seek an annulment, other forces are gathering.
England is once again at war with the Dutch and Prince Rupert, now commanding the Royal Navy, suspects that sabotage is at work within the fleet. Instructed to find the arch-traitor, Alex enters a dark labyrinth of intrigue - where no life is safe and nothing is what it seems.
Chloe, meanwhile, navigates the malice and scandal of Charles 11's licentious Court and plots a course of her own aimed at financial independence. But as the surprising facets of Mr Deveril's personality are gradually revealed to her, the long-awaited annulment becomes a double-edged sword.
Absorbed in his search for a traitor, Alex spares little thought for his bride - until a hot June night on the Falcon Stairs when he and Chloe stand united by tragedy.
As the flames of the Great Fire sweep over London, Alex and Chloe face their ultimate test. Their world is at risk ... their choices may save it.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #82
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
None of the titles I clicked on is free for me. Dang. I really wanted that Lani Diane Rich novel.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #83
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
None of the titles I clicked on is free for me. Dang. I really wanted that Lani Diane Rich novel.

It says it's loanable - if you're willing to share your email with me via PM I'd be glad to try my first ever loan?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:28 AM   #84
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
It says it's loanable - if you're willing to share your email with me via PM I'd be glad to try my first ever loan?
Thank you for the offer, but I think will have to say no. Normally I strip the DRM and convert them to epub, but that wouldn't be fair in this case.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #85
Britomart
Guru

Free at Amazon:

Blackfoot Affair US DE by Doreen Owens Malek.

Quote:
TRIAL BY FIRE
Prim and proper lawyer Marisa Hancock was out to win a controversial case that had tempers flaring, but then she ran up against the opposition––in the sexy form of Jackson Bluewolf. With his sensual swagger and fiery ways, Jackson posed a bigger challenge than any courtroom confrontation ever could!

From the minute Marisa took over for the opposing side, Jackson hungered to see her in action––in and out of the courtroom. Though he’d been burned once before by another blonde beauty, he couldn’t help wanting to melt the elegant Miss Hancock’s icy defenses with some maneuvers of his own. But he certainly didn’t expect to ever risk his heart––or to ignite desires impossible to cool.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #86
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Free at Amazon US:

Get Bunny Love - Kathleen Long

Yin... Beatrice Love has a problem. When her apartment building turns condo, she’s forced to land a “real” job to secure financing – and fast. Accustomed to freelancing as a graphic designer, she has a propensity for creative distraction. From fuzzy bunny slippers to feng shui, she believes in surrounding herself with whatever it takes to increase positive energy flow.

Yang... Nate McNulty craves order. When his Aunt Martha, owner of McNulty Events, announces she’s selling, he’ll do whatever it takes to save the family firm. Her first demand is to successfully produce the prestigious Worthington Cup, a regional kennel club show. One event coordinator short, Nate hires Bunny, and the two agree to a mentor/apprentice relationship.

Zing... GET BUNNY LOVE is a story of opposites attract. For Bunny, the only thing grayer than the walls of McNulty Events is Nate’s stifled personality. To Nate, Bunny is a distractingly mop-topped creative menace. Will she be able to see past his lackluster exterior to the sizzling man inside? Will he be able to admit her creative chaos has brought him back to life?

FROM THE AUTHOR:

I'm thrilled to present the digital release of one of my early titles. Originally published in 2005, GET BUNNY LOVE was my first published book.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:55 AM   #87
mikaelalind
Fanatic

Beyond the night w bonus material by Joss Ware is discounted to 1.99 until July 31st. And, since I am lazy, I link to Books on board, but I am sure it is available at Amazon and BN.

Quote:
Blurb:

For a limited time and a special price, download the first installment in Joss Ware's hot paranormal romance series, the Envy Chronicles, about five men who survived the apocalypse with strange abilities and become humankind's last hope and receive deleted scenes and an excerpt from the next installment, Night Forbidden, available wherever books are sold 7/31.

Fifty years ago, the world came to an end.

Everything Elliott Drake has loved and known are gone, except the band of men who have become like brothers. Together they vow to discovered what has gone on while they slept an unnatural sleep for the last fifty years...

Jade, an auburn-hair beauty, has a mission of her own, and it does not include her attraction to Elliott. Why does he and his friends not know what has gone on in these past 50 years? Who are they? And why does Elliott's touch affect her so? But with her own secrets, does she dare to trust this man she is falling in love with?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:43 AM   #88
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
Beyond the night w bonus material by Joss Ware is discounted to 1.99 until July 31st. And, since I am lazy, I link to Books on board, but I am sure it is available at Amazon and BN.
Kindle U.S. & B&N
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #89
Britomart
Guru

Free at Amazon:

Pictures of Emily US DE by Theresa Weir aka Anne Frasier.

Quote:
A sweet and innocent contemporary romance, Pictures of Emily has a bit of a dreamy, fairy tale feel to it.
This book was first published in 1990. Pictures of Emily was the last of four romances Theresa wrote for Silhouette Books.
Heat rating: 1 out of 10
Almost Perfect US DE, a Regency romance set in Scotland by Denise Doming, first published by Avon in 2003. (repeat freebie)

Quote:
One broken urn, one fallen earl and a kiss for a wager.
Add Scotland, an ace up a noble sleeve and a runaway card sharp,
then let the chase begin.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #90
Britomart
Guru

Harlequin have sent out an email about some discounted books (discounted until Friday 20 and Monday 23 respectively):

Baby, Hold On, a novella by Stephanie Bond for $1.59.

Quote:
Soldier Mike Nichols has come to Sweetness, Georgia, for one reason: to get help for his troubled black Lab, a decorated rescue dog, at the town's new military dog training facility. He doesn't expect to be referred to dog groomer Lacey Lovejoy instead!

Straitlaced Mike and free-spirited Lacey couldn't be more different. Yet the longer he works with Lacey, the more his attraction to her grows. They clash often, but their heated encounters also lead to a steamy night together that leaves them both reeling.

But when Lacey's job is done and it's time for Mike to move on, can their animal attraction turn into a permanent partnership?

A Southern Roads series novella.
Summer in a Small Town, an anthology by Emilie Richards and Sheila Roberts for $1.59.

Quote:
Welcome to Icicle Falls by Sheila Roberts

It's the 1960s and Muriel loves the beautiful town of Icicle Falls, Washington. Life is good, except that her father expects her to run Sweet Dreams, the family chocolate company, when he retires. But she has sweet dreams of her own, dreams about a handsome stranger who comes to town....

Decades later, Cass Wilkes lands in Icicle Falls as a single mom with little money. But this small town has a way of giving people second chances they don't expect!

Treasure Beach by Emilie Richards

Life on Happiness Key is lonely for eleven-year-old Olivia Symington, so when she finds a message in a bottle on Treasure Beach, her interest is piqued. Someone needs help, and she knows what that's like. Maybe by helping she can even find a friend.

The women of Happiness Key are worried about Olivia and her fascination with the message. But they know how isolated she feels, so they set out to help her find the mystery correspondent--and maybe a little happiness of her own along the way.
Stealing Home by Sherryl Woods for $1.99.

Quote:
Maddie Townsend might live in a town called Serenity, but there's been nothing calm or peaceful about her life since her marriage broke up. This stay-at-home mom has no job skills, an out-of-control sixteen-year-old son, a talkative fourteen-year-old who's suddenly gone silent, a six-year-old daughter whose heart is broken, an ex-husband whose younger girlfriend is expecting their baby and two best friends who think she's somehow qualified to help them open a fitness spa for women.

But if Maddie is a tad on edge with all that on her plate, it's nothing compared to the chaos that ensues when she discovers that her son's baseball coach has feelings for her and the whole town disapproves. Maddie's faced a lot of challenges lately with strength and resolve, but Cal Maddox may turn out to be more than she can handle.

Then again, he could just be the one man in all of South Carolina who can help her find serenity.
The Siren, erotic fiction by Tiffany Reisz for $1.99.

Quote:
Notorious Nora Sutherlin is famous for her delicious works of erotica, each one more popular with readers than the last. But her latest manuscript is different--more serious, more personal--and she's sure it'll be her breakout book...if it ever sees the light of day.

Zachary Easton holds Nora's fate in his well-manicured hands. The demanding British editor agrees to handle the book on one condition: he wants complete control. Nora must rewrite the entire novel to his exacting standards--in six weeks--or it's no deal.

Nora's grueling writing sessions with Zach are draining...and shockingly arousing. And a dangerous former lover has her wondering which is more torturous--staying away from him...or returning to his bed?

Nora thought she knew everything about being pushed to your limits. But in a world where passion is pain, nothing is ever that simple.