Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Agreed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #47
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
On the website you can see that the pictures of the cover's outside have a dark brown color just like the inside. So the one diplayed there is probably made out of leather, inside and outside.
Aha, that explains why I thought the cover I actually got looked much nicer than my expectations from the pictures on the web site.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #48
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Aha, that explains why I thought the cover I actually got looked much nicer than my expectations from the pictures on the web site.
To be honest I like the fact that it is a two-tone color. I just don't like the fact that I paid Euro 40,- that suppose to be for a "full" leather cover, inside and outside. If Bookeen is really surprised that the outside is not leather they at least should update the website ASAP.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #49
philodox
philodox doesn't litterphilodox doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook Gen 3
Anyone who is not happy with their plastic/leather cover, can feel free to get the refund from Bookeen and turn around and sell it to me for a profit.
philodox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #50
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by philodox View Post
Anyone who is not happy with their plastic/leather cover, can feel free to get the refund from Bookeen and turn around and sell it to me for a profit.
Bookeen doesn't give a refund. It is the Dutch reseller that gave this option for people that have purchased it already.
Advert
Old 01-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #51
philodox
philodox doesn't litterphilodox doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook Gen 3
Ah, well any dutch folks who aren't happy...

I'm half dutch, if that helps.
philodox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #52
weareborg
weareborg began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia E90, Nokia 770, Nokia N95, Cybook Gen 3
I note now that the site has no mention of the word genuine or leather in its description of the cover. That settles that then.
weareborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #53
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareborg View Post
I note now that the site has no mention of the word genuine or leather in its description of the cover. That settles that then.

But, if they thought it was leather. How can they still offer it for the same price when they found out it was not completely leather?
Old 01-17-2008, 02:09 AM   #54
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why should the fact that it is or is not made of leather affect the price? It's still the same cover, regardless of what it's made of, and (IMHO) it's a great cover. Besides which, most of it (all the inside) is leather.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:31 AM   #55
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why should the fact that it is or is not made of leather affect the price? It's still the same cover, regardless of what it's made of, and (IMHO) it's a great cover. Besides which, most of it (all the inside) is leather.

If the price was based on the idea that they were selling a full leather cover then I think the price should be adjusted. If you buy a cover, purse or sort then in general the leather ones are more expensive. I think the Euro 40,- I paid is too much for this cover based on the fact the outside is plastic.

Last edited by diabloNL; 01-17-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:05 AM   #56
weareborg
weareborg began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia E90, Nokia 770, Nokia N95, Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Harry, its simple. You can't advertise something as being an all leather product, and not just any leather mind you but italian leather etc etc... thereby making a feature of the fact that this is an exclusive product at a competitive price and in that process essentially duping the customer into thinking it is something it is when clearly it is not. Price here is wholly irrelevant.
Why would so many users feel a little dismayed when the product does not meet their expectations as advertised? Because its not the product advertised!
The fact that Bookeen has removed all references to leather in their pitch (including the inside which still should be a feature no?) proves this. You can't say one thing and sell another, there are standards which all companies must adhere to, the most basic tenet of which is honesty. You can't, for example, state a car has an all leather seat interior and get stuck with vinyl.
Add premium shipping over the cost of the device and no matter how "snug", "protective" or "nice" it looks, is it worth the asking price based on materials as is on top of this "leathergate" scandal.
weareborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:47 AM   #57
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If the price was based on the idea that they were selling a full leather cover then I think the price should be adjusted. If you buy a cover, purse or sort then in general the leather ones are more expensive. I think the Euro 40,- I paid is too much for this cover based on the fact the outside is plastic.
I thought the price was based on what they has to pay for it. And you should consider the price to be $40. The rest is just an effect of their policy to have the same price in dollar and euro. I do not feel that $40 is an unreasonable price.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:51 AM   #58
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
I thought the price was based on what they has to pay for it. And you should consider the price to be $40. The rest is just an effect of their policy to have the same price in dollar and euro. I do not feel that $40 is an unreasonable price.
For the same price (Euro 40,-) I can buy the one of M-Edge that is full leather and has a much better build quality if I compare it to my Cybook cover.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:57 AM   #59
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
$40 probably isn't, €40 is, considering it being a european product!
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:16 AM   #60
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
For the same price (Euro 40,-) I can buy the one of M-Edge that is full leather and has a much better build quality if I compare it to my Cybook cover.
If I look at

http://www.buymedge.com/p_cybook_gleather.HTML

the outside looks kind like the outside on the brown cover. So is it leather on the outside?