Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-30-2006, 03:21 AM   #16
LVD
Connoisseur
LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I shall be glad to receive the partner in the Europe, I cannot sell now the device in Germany, Poland, France... The Software is not adapted for these languages (there is no translation of the menu, registration of a box, demands correction the module of a hyphenation and parsing of the text).

The price of the device for the partner at shipment from China, Kiev or Budapest depending on volume of purchases. For example at purchase of 500 devices now the price makes 265 dollars.

Unlike SONY II you can read the open electronic books and you will not have problems with national fonts.
LVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #17
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Leonid,

AFAIK, Sony will display national fonts if they are embedded into PDF. Of cause I would prefer just to drop txt version "Понедельник начинается в Субботу" and don't mess PDFs and fonts
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
Unlike SONY II you can read the open electronic books and you will not have problems with national fonts.
Do you mean OEB format?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #19
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
It is very interesting how did you acheive this? Can user install a font to the lbook? The Sony Librie had Unicode support and it had no problems with cyrillic font, so I think it is too early talk about problems with Sony Reader.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:03 PM   #20
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Do you mean OEB format?
I doubt LVD meant OEB format. The following quote from LVD site:
Quote:
Supported formats of electronic books:
WOLF, HTML, TXT, (DOC, RTF, PDF, Excel, PPT)
after conversion in WOLF- file
Advert
Old 10-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #21
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The reason I asked that is that the Sony Reader will handle RTF, TXT, PDF.... so I'm trying to figure out what he means when he says the Sony Reader won't "read the open electronic books"
Old 10-01-2006, 10:34 PM   #22
pkbo
Addict

I may guess he means that if someone will try to read on Sony Reader for example TXT file with encoding different from US ascii in Russian Greek or whotever other language he will fail because of problems with national fonts and lbook dosn't have such problems.

Last edited by pkbo; 10-02-2006 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #23
NatCh
Gizmologist

Yah, that would make sense, we don't really know yet just what unicode it will and won't handle, but it's looking like it may not handle the characters that are particularly different from english.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:15 AM   #24
LVD
Connoisseur
LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

http://files.ebook.googlepages.com/jinkevssonyreader

lBook eReader vs Sony 500
Old 10-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #25
LVD
Connoisseur

Some words about the project lBook eReader V8:

1. An example of a usual TXT-file. Pay attention to formatting of the lines, a new proportional font, an automatic hyphenation (a correctness of hyphenation of English words I do not guarantee).

2. Two variants of the menu.

3. The algorithm of scanning the screen for reduction of artefacts is changed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	txt_eng.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1882   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_al.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1883   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_tr.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1884  

Last edited by LVD; 10-18-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #26
sjaaks V8
Enthusiast
sjaaks V8 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8
The Hanlin V8 is a lovely little machine. I bought it in august 2006 directly from Jinke in China. It is the Russian English model. You can have also Chinese English. From TaKir I know that it is different from the Lbook because of the software they make for it in Russia. After a while it was clear for me how to bring, the free e-books to this reader. Its easy after a time of troubleshooting. All over the internet you can find free e-books to read. And in my experience all types of fonts the V8 will accept. The only thing I don't like is de grey screen. There must always be light from another source.
To put things in perspective I will upload some pictures with different Fonts. Made in wordpad. The 0349.jpg picture is the Arial narrow font.

edit. typos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	~000_0340.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	404.1 KB
ID:	1899   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0341.jpg
Views:	578
ID:	1900   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0342.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	1901   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0343.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	393.3 KB
ID:	1902   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0344.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	1903   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0345.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	403.3 KB
ID:	1904   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0346.jpg
Views:	525
ID:	1905   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0349.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	453.6 KB
ID:	1906  

Last edited by sjaaks V8; 10-21-2006 at 07:28 AM.
sjaaks V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #27
NatCh
Gizmologist

Is that "The Hunger Artist," sjaaks V8?

Edit: Nevermind, I see the title now.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:56 AM   #28
sjaaks V8
Enthusiast

On another thread I have posted pictures of the Hanlin V8. Not all of them are noteworthy. But some you will see here again.

edit. Picture added. Franz Kafka, Rosetta.
Letter to my Father, in Russian, Greek and German.

edit. Pic. less kB.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MR.JPG
Views:	550
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	1955   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0332MR.JPG
Views:	586
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1956   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0318MR.JPG
Views:	595
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1957   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0323MR.JPG
Views:	570
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1958   Click image for larger version

Name:	~000_0350MR.JPG
Views:	529
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1959  

Last edited by sjaaks V8; 10-23-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:11 AM   #29
sjaaks V8
Enthusiast

Reading with or without a border. I don't know.
Scale the hardware down, yes.

edit. Pic. less kB.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	~000_0355+0354MR.JPG
Views:	609
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	1953  

Last edited by sjaaks V8; 10-23-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:40 PM   #30
sjaaks V8
Enthusiast

Scale down the hardware.

I wanted to make the Hanlin V8 look small in my hand. The opposite happened.
(Working the first time with GIMP.)

edit. Pic.size less kB.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	firstGimp.JPG
Views:	636
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1954  

Last edited by sjaaks V8; 10-23-2006 at 01:36 PM.