Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 05-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #61
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Now if you could get an "early sample" of the V2 to Alexander Turcic or one of our other members, we could start making a nice comparison with Henrycat's iRex Iliad...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:13 PM   #62
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'd be willing to shoulder that considerable burden ... for the good of the group, of course.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #63
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
Now if you could get an "early sample" of the V2 to Alexander Turcic or one of our other members, we could start making a nice comparison with Henrycat's iRex Iliad...^^
That's actually a very good suggestion! *grin*
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:25 PM   #64
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by maple
Hi friends, long time no see. I got the news that the sample of V2 will be expected to be availalble by the end of June. And I also heard that the v8 got a good market responses. Recently, Jinke will increase the output of V8. And they're talking the business cooperation with some European companies.
Maple, so does it mean I can order a V8 online today and have it shipped to Singapore if I want? Thanks for any info.

btw, the v2 and v8 only differ in OS and built-in ram right? The screen and other interfaces are identical I presume.
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:54 AM   #65
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

@Snappy I think it does mean that, but maybe you should send a short mail to maple (using jinke.com.cn contact source) with that question. I'm not sure whether he/she is still following this thread.
Advert
Old 05-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #66
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I just tried the WolfPrinter software provided on the english jinke webstie and it still does not work...damn...I'll have to use one of these because the way iRex behaved about the Iliad launch is really seriously unethical.
I'm not 100% yet, but very probably i'll get the V2...if THAT manages to launch in a reasonable timeframe...
Old 05-31-2006, 05:18 PM   #67
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by maple
Hi friends, long time no see. I got the news that the sample of V2 will be expected to be availalble by the end of June. And I also heard that the v8 got a good market responses. Recently, Jinke will increase the output of V8. And they're talking the business cooperation with some European companies.

Hi Maple! Good to see you again; I'm still eagerly looking forward to the V2 release in the US.

Can you tell me what it means when you say "samples"? Is that a beta test sort of thing? How soon after the samples can we expect to see models we can buy? Or is it possible to purchase or otherwise get the samples you're talking about?

Thanks!
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:32 AM   #68
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

A reply I just received from jinke after sending them a mail yesterday eveniung:

Dear Roland,

We got your messages. Thank you for your interest in our V2 product.
All the things are done according to our plan.

About business:
Jinke Company is a technical company in China; we only have marketing experience in China. And we have no branches and offices in other countries; therefore we plan to cooperate with local companies for the overseas market. In other words, we provide technology and production, and the local company is in charge of marketing and contents (titles).
The sample of V2 will be definitely released by the end of June. The business negotiation with the local company is still in the process; we haven’t signed the formal contract with them until now.

About technology:
V2 can support “natural reading”, that means, it can directly read PDF, DOC, JPG, TXT and HTML, and even CHM, RAR and GIF formats. Only copy the ebooks to the SD card through USB cable, it can read the ebooks, and do not need convert.
The system can support ROM update; the end user can update some application programs.

Thank you.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:07 AM   #69
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
I like these guys already. Looks like I'll follow suite and purchase a V2. There are a couple of PDF DRM removers online now. So once you've bought you pdf from Amazon it should be possible to strip the file too..
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:40 AM   #70
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

The great thing about Jinke is, that they reply to your mails every time, quickly (24 hours) and actually answer the questions you asked (though they often forget something or misunderstand...) and are always nice and friendly and helpful.

Oh and did I mention that they will be suppyling an SDK with their device?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #71
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

The problem with the DRM...I have an unusable PDF lying around on my HDD, it is a DRM file, purchase at one of the the several sitest that sell them (not Amazon) and it doesn't work anymore because I formatted my HDD and now I have no idea how to "reactivate" the PDF file.
I tried some kind of DRM remover called Advanced Password Recovery I think, but it said it didn't support this mode of protections...so you can fail at trying to "open" the PDf you own.
Maybe another program could have done the job, but so far I haven't found anything that looks promising.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:20 AM   #72
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Try to activate your adobe again, and redownload it from the site you originally have bought it. I have very few drm'ed adobe from a long time ago when I did not know better and when I changed my main e-mail address on which I have that stupid Net passport thingy, and activated my adobe on my tablet after that, I had the same problem of not being able to open the files. However I downloaded directly the files on the tablet and it worked with the new activation. And they still work with the old activation on my main pc...

Liviu

Quote:
The problem with the DRM...I have an unusable PDF lying around on my HDD, it is a DRM file, purchase at one of the the several sitest that sell them (not Amazon) and it doesn't work anymore because I formatted my HDD and now I have no idea how to "reactivate" the PDF file.
I tried some kind of DRM remover called Advanced Password Recovery I think, but it said it didn't support this mode of protections...so you can fail at trying to "open" the PDf you own.
Maybe another program could have done the job, but so far I haven't found anything that looks promising.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:22 AM   #73
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I got another mail from Jinke because I had asked about the meaning of "samples".
samples are apparently not meant for users (as we had correctly assumed) but for the distributors. These can then make translations of the interface or whatever I guess.

Quote: "The sample we called is the product with the final version of hardware; and the general architecture of the software which can not be changed, only the menu and tips need do the localization work.
In principle, the sample only is provided to the parnters but not to to the customers. We promise to provide the sample in June."

So nobody can know when the device will actually go on sale here in Germany for example because they have to finish the software for this market which could be done quickly but could also take a long time.
Getting the device in august would then appear probable, thus putting the V2 on line with the Sony Reader (if the rumour is true) in the US and shortly before the Iliad in Europe (if they stick to September).

I'm getting sick of this. Call me obsessive, but I really wanted one of these devices YESTERDAY, I have gotten used to reading on my PDA now and don't want to go back to paper-boooks again for 3 months to then get back to electronic reading again...and continuing to read on my puny 320x200 (or whatever) screen is probybly not a good idea, especially if you consider how much I sometimes read...
Maybe I should simply go mad...
Old 06-02-2006, 07:56 AM   #74
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Quote:
So nobody can know when the device will actually go on sale here in Germany
As far as I know, It wiil be possible to buy V8 in July. May be still not right in Germany, but you can order it and get it there. )) I doubt, any other device (Sony, Irex) will be available by July. (((
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:53 AM   #75
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

we're talking about the V2 model here TaKir...the V8 is not going to be available in the western world (US and Central Europe)