Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #31
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It is my new favorite format for everything except eBooks that need internal links. This is not supported yet in ePUB but is for Mobi.

Dale
I will have to agree with you on internal links, but as far as I can tell, none of the formats on this reader do that. Is there a free mobi ebook with internal links you can point me to so I can try it out?
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #32
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
The problem I have I do not believe is the problem for say with epub I believe it is an issue with the publishers not setting the correct font sizes. I find that purchased ebooks small font is too small and the next step up is too large. I know that the epubs that I publish do not have that problem.

chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #33
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I know that the epubs that I publish do not have that problem.

chuck
That's a good point. What font size are you picking for your own stuff?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #34
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Most of the time it is either 12 or 14.
Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #35
hyegeek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyegeek View Post
Is there a free mobi ebook with internal links you can point me to so I can try it out?
I have figured out how the links worked (ok so I'm a little slow on the gui), I can't say I like the interface, but at least you can follow links.
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
So if I correctly understand what you are saying, mobi can do a type of multilevel TOC, but would take me more work.
Yes. Download any one of my Mobi omnibus editions, eg the Edgar Rice Burroughs "Barsoom Omnibus":

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12782

and you'll see what I mean.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #37
hyegeek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes. Download any one of my Mobi omnibus editions, eg the Edgar Rice Burroughs "Barsoom Omnibus":
Ahhhh pick! The enitre Barsoom series in one easy to read nicely formatted book. There goes my free time...

On the topic of formatting, I see what you mean about the toc and now that I have figured out how to follow links, it is usable. However, I think I prefer not having to bring up a menu select follow links, select the link to navigate. While this is certainly better than nothing (and a must for internal links). I will probably use the multi level toc of the epub format for my own works.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #38
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I will have to agree with you on internal links, but as far as I can tell, none of the formats on this reader do that. Is there a free mobi ebook with internal links you can point me to so I can try it out?
try this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...570#post549570

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #39
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12782

and you'll see what I mean.
Crikey, I had no idea that was here. Thank you, I am rather a pulp addict.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #40
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I personally don't like epub because of the lack of right justification and the numbers on the side margin. Those two things are incredibly big turn offs for me. So that's what I have against epub. I think LRF looks much nicer on my device without numbers ghosting over the text.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #41
hyegeek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I personally don't like epub because of the lack of right justification and the numbers on the side margin. Those two things are incredibly big turn offs for me. So that's what I have against epub. I think LRF looks much nicer on my device without numbers ghosting over the text.
Epub on my reader is right justified. I have to agree with you on the numbers, there has to be a way to turn that off...
Old 08-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #42
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Epub on my reader is right justified. I have to agree with you on the numbers, there has to be a way to turn that off...
Maybe it was the left justify that didn't work? I get my lefts and rights mixed up rather often.

I also hear epub displays differently depending on which device you're using. I have a PRS-505 and it looks ugly on my screen.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #43
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Maybe it was the left justify that didn't work? I get my lefts and rights mixed up rather often.

I also hear epub displays differently depending on which device you're using. I have a PRS-505 and it looks ugly on my screen.
Yea, this is the Hanlin forum and the ePUB reader we now have is quite a bit better than the one on the PRS-505 which was an older version. The Sony does not right justify (full justification) while the Hanlin does. Hopefully Sony will update their firmware, perhaps with the introduction of the 300 and 600 to offer the latest ADE version. Not all of the Hanlin folks have the new firmware yet which is why some complained about the ePUB support. Even with the newest version there is still the issue with page numbers appearing in the right margin. They are simulating the location in the physical book but it is annoying.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #44
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yea, this is the Hanlin forum and the ePUB reader we now have is quite a bit better than the one on the PRS-505 which was an older version. The Sony does not right justify (full justification) while the Hanlin does. Hopefully Sony will update their firmware, perhaps with the introduction of the 300 and 600 to offer the latest ADE version. Not all of the Hanlin folks have the new firmware yet which is why some complained about the ePUB support. Even with the newest version there is still the issue with page numbers appearing in the right margin. They are simulating the location in the physical book but it is annoying.
It looks like I should start reading the forum names before responding! the thread makes a lot more sense now.

I think having full justification is a good first step but the page numbers I think is a bigger issue.

I'm not sure how the Hanlin displays page numbers for other ebook formats but I thought all ebook devices had their own way of displaying how many pages/screen turns are left before the end of the ebook.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #45
hyegeek
Groupie

Quote:
...but the page numbers I think is a bigger issue.
The longer I'm reading with this device, the more annoying I'm finding the numbers. Once it got to 100+, it started really interfering with the text.