Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
mikeb14
mikeb14 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Loved the nook color except that i could see the refresh rate on gray screens?

i got a nook color and loved it....except that when i read on the night mode with the brightness down...the screen would do this horrible flicker...i exchanged it for another and had the same problem...after playing with two store models that did the same thing i just decided i should return it because the flicker was driving me nuts...

i miss it already though lol....anyone know anything about this problem?
mikeb14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Haven't noticed whatever flicker you're talking about, I've been reading in night mode every night..........just tried it again, I'm not seeing it.......
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
It's been mentioned in other threads that some are more sensitive to it than others. Those with rooted devices have much more flexibility in setting their background/text colors and lowering the brightness more.

I'm sure you're disappointed with having returned it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
mikeb14
mikeb14 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
yes i am very disappointed with returning it...i really loved it except for that problem.

the best way to notice the problem is on night mode with the brightness at about 20%. Its more noticable if there is only text on half the page (at at a beginning of a chapter) and you look at the gray part without the text. Also, be in a dimmed room.

I can notice it all the time, but it is under these settings where it was the worst
mikeb14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
donob10
donob10 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I'd suggest a person shouldn't work at noticing the flicker. Once seen, one might see it as a nuisance.
donob10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert