Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #1
Pitpipo
Pitpipo began at the beginning.

Buying a Sony Reader outside of the USA

Hello all,
The waiting is almost over, october not so far away... But SonyStore is not accepting pre-order from non-US people.
Has anyone found a place yet to order it despite of that US only policy ?
Pitpipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
no, but i'll follow this thread with interest to see what comes up.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Me too!
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:31 PM   #4
bugsbunny14
Connoisseur
bugsbunny14 began at the beginning.

i don't have a u.s billing address credit card but i am willing to ship it to a friend who lives in the u.s and he will ship it to me overseas , will this work ?
bugsbunny14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:57 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny14
i don't have a u.s billing address credit card but i am willing to ship it to a friend who lives in the u.s and he will ship it to me overseas , will this work ?
Not really unless your friend also pays for you. In most cases, your credit card payment will fail if you don't enter the correct billing address - and since the form only allows for the billing address to be in the US, there is no way you can properly finalize the payment. Have your friend pay and wire him the money overseas.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #6
bugsbunny14
Connoisseur

when can i expect to find the sony reader on amazon or tigerdirect ?

2nd question is the sony reader out now or will it be on oct 31 ?

Last edited by bugsbunny14; 09-26-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I doubt you will see it on Amazon because they have a competing product... the Kindle e-ink reader that was leaked but not yet announced. And due to the tie-in to their own e-book content sales, they will probably want to stay exclusive.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:44 PM   #8
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Well, maybe not Amazon, but other stores will carry it. See this thread, for instance.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #9
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
Well, maybe not Amazon, but other stores will carry it. See this thread, for instance.

If you go to the checkout you find out they will only ship inside the US.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:43 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny14
2nd question is the sony reader out now or will it be on oct 31 ?
The ship dates from the direct orders seem to all be 9/28....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
The ship dates from the direct orders seem to all be 9/28....
Now let us all hope we don't have the iLiad shipping fiasco all over again!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #12
lordvetinari2
Zealot
lordvetinari2 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi & Galaxy Note
I really hope ebay is not the only option here; I would hate to pay up extra to some clever bugger.
lordvetinari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:19 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Now let us all hope we don't have the iLiad shipping fiasco all over again!
In this case, we'll know in a couple of days.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:41 PM   #14
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

I just send an email to my friends in the US so fingers crossed.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #15
bugsbunny14
Connoisseur

i've just contacted http://www.abtelectronics.com/scrip...roogle&id=25155 and they said that they will have them in stock in mid october