Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
Theta Head
Theta Head
Theta Head began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Neuroscience thriller anyone?

Now at a discounted price for the Kindle version at Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theta-Head/d...6613204&sr=8-2

After arm-wrestling my publisher (Caffeine Nights Publishing), my debut novel Theta Head is now available at a discount price for the Kindle version. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theta-Head/d...6613204&sr=8-2

Theta Head is about a young woman’s search for her missing boyfriend and how that search leads her to the Theta Heads – a group who use neuroscience to alter consciousness. Although it may seem far out it is in fact very much a character focused novel which explores how technology can bring people closer to themselves, as opposed to technology’s more popular use of bringing people closer with others.

Theta Head - technology doesn't need a mind of its own, it can have ours...

Author's Site: http://fictiononedge.wordpress.com/

Extended Synopsis

Set very much in the present, Theta Head follows Georgia, a 25-year-old London woman whose search for her missing boyfriend is challenged by the very technology she believes caused his disappearance.

Theta Head is a novel which sits somewhere between contemporary fiction, speculative fiction, and present day science fiction. At its heart it is a modern-day mystery, one that explores the theme of how technology can bring people closer to themselves, as opposed to others. The central questions is: Will technology develop a mind of its own, or can it have ours?

Who?

The Theta Heads have seen a future in which communication technology has brought people closer to others and yet, ironically, has pushed them further away from themselves, leaving them with a worse quality of inner being.

They think people don’t have time to pay attention to what is inside anymore, and have therefore asked the question: What would happen if the technological paradigm is shifted to a more humane arena? What would arise – without the consultation of a good psychologist – when layer upon layer of superficial thought peels away to reveal the experience of stark naked consciousness itself? Would this be a place we would want to visit? Would we like or be able to deal with things that have long been buried and forgotten?

Georgia is about to find out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Theta_Head_by_Greg_Dawe_-_Part_1.pdf (334.0 KB, 317 views)

Last edited by Theta Head; 02-09-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: changed website address
Theta Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Would you mind making an epub version of this?
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:44 AM   #3
Theta Head
Theta Head

epub version of Theta Head

OK, I've just done that. Please find it attached. I used a free converter so there's a bit of converter spam on there. Sorry about that.

Regards

Greg
Attached Files
File Type: epub Theta_Head_by_Greg_Dawe_-_Part_1.epub (315.7 KB, 228 views)
Old 07-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
If you would use mobicreator pro, it will probably do a better job and without spam. Or use Calibre (not as good a job, often). Also spam free. Both free.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks, Greg. Downloading now.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #6
Theta Head
Theta Head

reciprocal link anyone?

Hi all,

My book Theta Head came out on Monday and my publisher seems to think something called reciprocal linking is pretty important for a website. Only I don't have any. Opps. If you think you would like to link to my site/book, please pop over there and have a look, then pm me or contact via the website.

My book is present day science fiction - a neuroscience thriller. Not self published. Promotion work is happening soon, local and national stuff.

Cheers
Greg

http://fictiononedge.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Theta Head; 02-02-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: website changed
Old 07-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #7
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I wonder if this one is better? No spam!

My very first calibre conversion

Last edited by SneakySnake; 10-23-2010 at 11:15 PM.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Theta Head
Theta Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I wonder if this one is better? No spam!

My very first calibre conversion
A million thank's for doing that! I will upload it to my site.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Head View Post
A million thank's for doing that! I will upload it to my site.
You might want to take a look at that EPUB from SneakySnake in Sigil first. I could not get much past the book cover page in epubreader, the author name in the metadata is incomplete, and there is no TOC to speak of.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
bugga!

Well I am a real learner. It looked OK in my on-screen reader, but what do I know?
I noticed that the file was quite a bit smaller than the spammed one.

I think a proper member would fix it better?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:27 AM   #11
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
bugga!

Well I am a real learner. It looked OK in my on-screen reader, but what do I know?
I noticed that the file was quite a bit smaller than the spammed one.

I think a proper member would fix it better?
I gave it a try also. I put it through my own conversion process that produces EPUB files that I like to read. It does pass epubcheck 1.0.5 with no errors or warnings and does read fine in epubreader. It also has a TOC that lists each of the 5 chapters in the sample.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Theta Head (Part 1).epub (287.0 KB, 208 views)
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #12
Theta Head
Theta Head

Article on futurebook about how one hapless author and his publisher are using social media to promote his strange sounding book

http://futurebook.net/content/case-s...vel-theta-head
Old 07-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
Theta Head
Theta Head

First 7 Chapters of Theta Head (FREE mini-ebook)

Hi all,

My book Theta Head was published by Caffeine Nights Publishing recently.

It's a modern day mystery about a girl whose search for her missing boyfriend leads her to a group of people who experiment with neuro-science technology.

I have attached to this post a few formats of the mini-ebook my publisher put together, which contain the first 7 Chapters.

Other formats can be found here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/18184

Author's site: http://fictiononedge.wordpress.com/

Hope you enjoy.

Greg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Theta Head-7Chpt sampler.pdf (426.6 KB, 695 views)
File Type: imp Theta Head - Free Sampler.imp (147.1 KB, 154 views)
File Type: epub theta-head-free-seven-chapter-sampler.epub (99.3 KB, 171 views)
File Type: mobi theta-head-free-seven-chapter-sampler.mobi (76.8 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by Theta Head; 02-02-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: website changed
Old 07-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #14
Theta Head
Theta Head

Theta Head back cover blurb

Theta Head back cover blurb...

Back Cover Blurb…

Stark naked consciousness is exposed like a raw nerve as Georgia’s search for her missing boyfriend, Ben, takes her from London through Asia.

On route she discovers that Ben has been using a neuroscience technology – one that offers the potential of complete liberation to anyone who uses it. It is a technology Georgia must embrace if she is to find Ben, but one that is such an intimate catalyst for change Georgia isn’t sure she can handle the side of herself it uncovers.

It is only her desire to find Ben which drives her on; a force which leads her to the Theta Heads and a choice: continue using the technology to hack away at her layers of mental static and find the real reason he disappeared, or let go and face a future without him.

Theta Head – technology doesn’t need a mind of its own, it can have ours.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
Theta Head
Theta Head

Theta Head now at Kobo Books:

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Theta...RzQ/page1.html

Tags
contemporary fiction, cutting edge, fiction, free ebook, neuroscience, technology, theta head