Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #16
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblox View Post
Ok having a thought, can you just directly upload to Amazon cloud drive to the 'My Send-to-Kindle Docs' in AZW3?

This would save amazons rubbish conversion allow me to sort into collections via the cloud and keep AZW3 on my device.

Will test in a moment and see.
No you can not send azw3 to the amazon cloud. I have tried and it errors. Only MOBI files for books.
cvkemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #17
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Nope didnt work with AZW3 or mobi directly uploading. Bah.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I'm sure you can upload AZW3 to Cloud Drive... but I don't believe that will allow you to download it on a Kindle.

Cloud Drive is their cloud-storage service, not their Kindle syncing service. You can upload anything you want, pictures, videos, music, books, disk images, program binaries, you name it. But it has nothing to do with Personal Documents Storage or e-ink devices.

(That being said, I believe Personal Documents are automatically synced to your Cloud Drive.)

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-20-2015 at 04:34 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #19
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Docs sent via email appear in cloud drive and deleting from cloud drive removes them from being downloadable to kindle (and a lot quicker than the web interface) so my thinking was it might work in reverse.

Ahh well mobi it is.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote