Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
Limmer
Limmer began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Any suggestions?

Since I cannot contact anyone tonight, I thought I would turn here. You have all helped me many times.

Read a book yesterday, no problem. Started a new book today, pages skip and whole chapters are inaccessible (cannot scroll to them and they skip when turning pages). I thought maybe I needed a charge. Charged it, tried to access some chapters but it would only skip to every other chapter. Then froze. Will not do a restart though I can feel the click with the paper clip. Does not register when I plug it into the computer. Nothing at all. Any suggestions?

I have the touch and got it in may. I think I have done all the updates. I am very frustrated.
Limmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It may be a problem with the book, not the Kobo itself That can happen, even when buying the books, but more often when books come to us in other ways. Of course now there is a problem with the Kobo.

It won't "register" with the computer until it is working, if what you mean is that you don't see it as a device on your computer. You need to get to the connection screen first.

Sometimes, plugging the Touch into a wall wart, rather than your USB cord on the computer seems to do the trick. If not, you will want to try this reset:

Make sure the device is charged (plug it in for about 30 minutes or so) and then:

1. Hold the power button down for about 15 seconds to make sure the device is off.

2. Hold down the home button and power the device on while keeping it held down. This should force a factory reset.

3. Set the device up again using the Kobo desktop application as per the device instructions

Last edited by taming; 09-14-2012 at 06:10 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert