Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
marie381
marie381 began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookman 911
Help Ebookman 911

i got a virus on my pc now I cant use my ebook man as no software please could anyone send me the file/Software there is nowhere I can download from Franklin say they cant help am lost with out it and cant afford upgrade
marie381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Duplicate post - please don't do that.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
do some google searches, I downloaded it awhile back somewhere but don't remember where. I will do some searching to see if I still have it.

Edit: Try this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125345

Edit: If you cannot find what you need PM me and I can send you a cd of all I have but I am not sure you can install directly, seems you have to do it online or something quite funky.

Last edited by exscentric; 10-26-2011 at 05:08 PM.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
marie381
marie381 began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookman 911
please help

I got the desk top manager all in ok but when I turn on my ebookman 911 it goes through demo then the conection box with arrow comes on ...I connect and it look good till I try to add a book it then says no opperating systam presant...what do I do now pleaseeeeeeeehelp someone all the links to franklin come to nothing cause they do not support it anymore. they gave me the company who took over this and I emailed they said sorry its discontinued now sooooo basicly is the reader ready for the bin now? if now how do I get my os? when the emans turned on it shows nothing but that demo then connection thingy ...ohhhh dear also am only a woman so if anyone can help remember this and talk in easy terms please my emails blackpoppy@googlemail.com if anyone can send the file
marie381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Have you googled for the problem, I got one on ebay awhile back and found a way around this but cannot remember how I did it.

I happened to save some stuff - will include below in case it might help you. If you don't have the .seb file let me know and will see if we can get it to you. The problem is I don't know if there are different files for different units.

These hints below were from year or so ago so I don't know if they will work the same or not.

---
I have had the same problem for a while now (since I bought a new ebookman). I have recently tried again and was able to work out a way to do it.

Firstly make sure you have you ebookman desktop manager installed on your computer and connect you ebookman to it.

Next, click on the WEB and go to Download O/S applications. You will then get a box that says "connecting to franklin.com to retrieve the latest O/S and applications.

Click OK and a window wil say connecting to Franklin.

Next you will get a window that says unabale to connect to Franklin.com, again click OK and another window will appear saying "The O/S could not be downloaded directly but will atempt to continue the download using your browser etc" Again click OK.

Next you should be taken to a franklin webpage with a download link specific to your ebookman. The info says it is best to click download and open the file directly from the webpage but I found it best to save the download to an empty floder on my computer. Just make note of where you save it to.

Once the file is downloaded you need to locate it on your computer and right click on the zipped folder (do not extract files beforehand) once you have right clicked a pop up will com up and you select OPEN WITH and then select EBOOKMAN DESKTOP

MANAGER. Once you do this a window will come up saying UNPACKING FILES and you click OK. Another window will then come up asking if you want to SYNCHRONISE YOU CONTENT TO YOUR EBOOKMAN. Again click OK and the operating system should transfer across.

--------
Soft Reset the EBookMan
#
1Turn your EBookMan over to view the back. Look directly above the unit's battery cover. Find the button marked "Reset."
#
2Press the "Reset" button with the straightened end of a paper clip.
#
3Turn the unit over to view the screen. The screen should go blank, and then power back on.
Hard Reset the EBookMan
#
1Push and hold the "On/Off" button on the front of the EBookMan.
#
2Turn the unit over. Continue holding the "On/Off" button with your finger.
#
3Push the "Reset" button on the back with the straightened end of a paper clip. The unit now resets.

Read more: How to Reset EBookMan | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7203025_rese...#ixzz17e7HHOiE
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert