Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2024, 04:44 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
128gb is insane overkill, but what the hell ...
It was the only SDXC µSD card that was not in use I had on hand. But having 33+ years at 8 hours per day at ~250WPM books to read is, possibly, a bit of overkill. The years came from adding up the word count for the books in calibre, dividing by 250 to get minutes, dividing the minutes by the minutes in a 365.25 day year and multiplying by 3 for the 8 hours/day).

((1,485,512,307/250)/525,960)*3=33.9

Edit: to generalize this, replace *3 by *(24/hours read per day), i.e. 6 hours per day would give 4.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-25-2024 at 06:13 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 05:55 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Why limit yourself to 8 hours a day?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2024, 06:10 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Why limit yourself to 8 hours a day?
I picked it as an example, if you want to use a higher or lower number feel free to modify my equation to reflect your choice. I do have one acquaintance who reads more than 8 hours per day though I have wondered how their spouse tolerates them spending most of the day in a recliner in the den and doing virtually nothing around the house.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:28 PM   #19
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It was the only SDXC µSD card that was not in use I had on hand.
What were the other cards used for? Depending on what, I would've probably transferred the data from a smaller card and then just swap them out.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:32 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
What were the other cards used for? Depending on what, I would've probably transferred the data from a smaller card and then just swap them out.
The other cards I had available were too small to be SDXC and I did not feel like swapping cards around since the one device I have with a 64GB µSD card would not have benefited from upgrading to 128GB. My Raspberry Pi is where the 128GB card came from when I replaced it with a larger card and so was conveniently at hand when I decided to see how well the Clara HD would handle a SDXC card.
Advert