Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2024, 02:46 AM   #1
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
What power adapter for kobo?

Good morning. I have a question: is my telephone power adapter good for recharging my kobo? It has 5V, 2A output.
Its original adapter seems unavailable in my country.
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:50 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
What do you use for your Kindle? The same would be suitable for the Kobo as well.

I use an old Kindle charger I bought back in 2011. I've used it for all my ereaders without any issues, no matter the brand.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2024, 04:55 AM   #3
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
What do you use for your Kindle? The same would be suitable for the Kobo as well.

I use an old Kindle charger I bought back in 2011. I've used it for all my ereaders without any issues, no matter the brand.
Usually the cable; occasionally the phone adapter.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:52 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
Good morning. I have a question: is my telephone power adapter good for recharging my kobo? It has 5V, 2A output.
Its original adapter seems unavailable in my country.
A good PD type USB-C charger will do perfectly for the Libra 2. I mostly use a 100 watt PD USB-C/USB-A charger. Works perfectly.

This UGREEN 65W charger will be perfect for your Kobo.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B09P647HJP

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-23-2024 at 12:56 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 02:40 PM   #5
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Any charger will do. A 5V is the bare minimum, and the charging will be slow.

If you have a recent laptop, you can plug it in the USB-C port, if this port support charging, some don't.

I also often use the 20 V charger for my iPad.

Last edited by deleted2; 03-23-2024 at 03:09 PM.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2024, 02:47 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Most 10W (2.0 A) chargers with a USB-A port will charge at full speed. It takes about 1.5A max, but it will only charge at 500mA (0.5A) from some. There are now many standards.

A 2.5W is the realistic minimum, and 7.5W USB-A charger with the right compatibility will charge it at full speed. No matter what charger is used it only wants 5V and will take a maximum of 1.5A
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:08 PM   #7
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Better get your information from the source. After a little search on Google...

From Kobo : "The 5V USB power adapter is designed to work with all Kobo eReaders."

Also, see this from Kobo, Charge your Kobo eReader
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:10 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The charger I link is perfect for Kobo, cell phones, and other devices that could use a boost when charging.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:23 PM   #9
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Any charger will do. A 5V is the bare minimum, and the charging will be slow.

If you have a recent laptop, you can plug it in the USB-C port, if this port support charging, some don't.

I also often use the 20 V charger for my iPad.
I do have one, but it's low quality..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The charger I link is perfect for Kobo, cell phones, and other devices that could use a boost when charging.
Thank you but it's a bit expensive.

Last edited by Jane Eyre; 03-23-2024 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:33 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I've used quite a few different USB chargers with my Kobos. Currently, I'm using a GaN 165W charger with 4 USB C and 2 USB A ports ( looks the same as USB C Charger 165W on Amazon.it ) I was using a Ikea USB C/USB A charger but that was recalled due to an issue with the braided power cord cover so I picked this one up to replace it.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 06:07 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thank you but it's a bit expensive.
Here's another UGREEN charger. Not as strong as the other i linked, but it will do perfectly well and is less expensive.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0CFF813QC
Old 03-23-2024, 06:47 PM   #12
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Quote:
Here's another UGREEN charger. Not as strong as the other i linked, but it will do perfectly well and is less expensive.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0CFF813QC
Yes...interesting. It could be useful to recharge both kindle and kobo. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2024, 06:26 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yes...interesting. It could be useful to recharge both kindle and kobo. Thank you!
You are very welcome. Yes, it is strong enough to charge multiple Readers at one time. As well as your Kobo and your phone as the same time.
Old 03-24-2024, 07:13 AM   #14
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Quote:
You are very welcome. Yes, it is strong enough to charge multiple Readers at one time. As well as your Kobo and your phone as the same time.
I got it! It is to be delivered withing a few days
Old 03-24-2024, 02:47 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I got it! It is to be delivered withing a few days
Once you get it, you'll have no problem charging your Kobo.