Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
hey everyone! (checking in)

it's been a busy month (almost a month).

I'll start with the bad news first... I lost my incredible beloved Piestewa (my Newfoundland Dog). she had been diagnosed with having a pinched nerve in her neck. I took her in several times and called, I can't tell you how many times. it would appear that she was either poisoned or succumbed to anaphylactic shock. I kept telling the vet I thought she had been poisoned, but wasn't listened to. I am still in a bit of a shock. it is incredible how well she was known in the community, as everywhere I go, her absence is questioned.

if anything good can come from such a horrid situation, the good is that I was able to acquire her first cousin (mothers are sisters). I called her breeders after it happened, in pretty much hysteria. they had an 8 month old that a lady in Montana had purchased, but kept putting off picking up. the comment was; "well apparently you are supposed to have this dog!". he was pretty rough when I got him, just living the life of Riley, hanging with his sister, uncle and Mom. they hadn't really worked with him as they anticipated that his new owner would, and time just crept by. I got him potty trained in the first week, we are working on leash training, "come" is going pretty well. all the myriad things that my globe trotting Pi handled with never a thought are yet to come. she really helped me keep it together over the last couple years with the destruction of my house and all the other hell that has gone on. I am truly blessed to have this little guy keep me focused and continuing to move ahead. oh yeah! his name is Aragorn. the kitties are getting used to him, Arwen is still a little nervous, and it is obvious that Strider wants to play, but the puppy is such a galoot that he gets a little concerned. no pictures yet, I'll get to them (he doesn't hold still very long)

so, when there is bad news, it is nice to counter with good news. I had my first closing July 28th, then had 3 more contracts written by the 10th. they will be closing in the next 2 weeks. I have 5 and 6 in the pipeline, and a few more queuing up. I have been insanely busy (in a good way). my managing broker is duly impressed (no one else has this kind of business right now). I'll be moving out of the bullpen into a private office after the first. most brokers need to have a couple of years before they get a private office!

so anything I should know?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
may i ask how you got your start in real estate?
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
one of the local brokerages had a sign; "become a realtor, go to real estate school" on their reader board. I went in, was interviewed by the managing broker, coughed (choked more like) up the school tuition, did the school. I started hanging out at the office while I did the school (it is online), went to the weekly meetings and tours to start picking up the lingo etc. I had actually started to do this 7 or 8 years ago when life was still normal and money was not much of an object, but was so focused on my daughter and her activities that I pretty much blew it off.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
wow, that's really cool. i blew all my money on useless english degrees , so at least you got a nice gig with your money.

anyway, good luck with your new dog. thanks for answering my question!
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I'm so glad to see you! But I'm so so sorry to hear about Pi. Even when you were writing about her painful neck before, I was terribly worried about her -- it just sounded too uncomfortable for her to take for too long. I know you are grieving, but I'm sure that puppy will keep you busy and take some of the sting away. Congratulations on the real estate successes. (I have no idea how many c's and s's to put in that word, lol.) Don't be a stranger -- we've missed you.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Lost my Great Pyrenees, Gina, two years ago to old age (sigh.. 9 years is old age for these big dogs). I feel your loss. Haven't replaced her, though my roommate and her boyfriend both have big dogs to fill the void.

And congratulations on your Real Estate business. Not a great time to be in the business.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchleyportrait View Post
wow, that's really cool. i blew all my money on useless english degrees , so at least you got a nice gig with your money.

anyway, good luck with your new dog. thanks for answering my question!
I have 2 Masters degrees, and over 25 years in telecommunications. who knew this was what I was supposed to be doing!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I'm so glad to see you! But I'm so so sorry to hear about Pi. Even when you were writing about her painful neck before, I was terribly worried about her -- it just sounded too uncomfortable for her to take for too long. I know you are grieving, but I'm sure that puppy will keep you busy and take some of the sting away. Congratulations on the real estate successes. (I have no idea how many c's and s's to put in that word, lol.) Don't be a stranger -- we've missed you.
that Noble Being was ill served by mankind in her final days. it was SO tragic and unnecessary

I've missed me too, but I needed to focus on what was necessary. I also was pretty darn ticked off at a provocation here
Old 08-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Lost my Great Pyrenees, Gina, two years ago to old age (sigh.. 9 years is old age for these big dogs). I feel your loss. Haven't replaced her, though my roommate and her boyfriend both have big dogs to fill the void.

And congratulations on your Real Estate business. Not a great time to be in the business.
Pi was JUST 5 (July 7-July 27) and extremely healthy. indeed I was probably going to breed her this late summer ;o(. I would be totally lost without the puppy

I knew going in that this was a terrible time to get into Real Estate, but figured that if I can do this in a bad economy, and learn the ropes when it is so negative, I should be in a great position when things turn around! I'm also so physically busted up that I can't do the physical demands of telecommunications. I could do some of the higher end stuff, but everyone wants me to travel again. I did almost 4 years of that, and it's old.

apparently I'm doing something right! I'm not sure what it is (my colleagues would like to know what it is too!)
Old 08-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Welcome, welcome, KK
(I'm on sabattical)

You're welcome to read my travelblog
My quotes at Goodreads

Last edited by desertblues; 08-26-2011 at 04:50 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Nice to see you back, KK! I wish you every success in your new job!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Welcome, welcome, KK
(I'm still on sabattical)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Nice to see you back, KK! I wish you every success in your new job!
thanks everyone! I am actually home sick today, so it is time for a nap!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #12
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Good to see you around again KK.

Sorry for your loss, but really pleased to hear that your new job is going so well. I'm sure that's not an easy job, so congratulations on making such a great start

Don't be a stranger here.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #13
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm so sorry to hear about Pi, we lost one of our cats two weeks ago (although of old age) so I know how you must be feeling. Good to read that you keep busy with with a new puppy, we're spoiling Lexie, our other cat, like crazy now.

Good to hear how well your new job is going!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #14
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
So sorry to hear about your dog, we had to have our 13 yr old Weimaraner put down last week, it's so hard.

Best of luck in your new career and enjoy your new puppy.

Last edited by amward; 08-24-2011 at 01:22 AM. Reason: typo
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #15
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Thanks for the update KK good to hear from you again.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote