Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2024, 08:30 PM   #1
kenpal
kenpal began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Nickel won’t uninstall

I saw a post from a bit ago of someone who had a similar issue. I cannot remove the nickel menu icon from the corner of my Libra. I’ve tried the uninstall file and just deleting the program. I even factory reset it twice but it still shows the nickel menu in the corner. Any way that I can fix this?
kenpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:40 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You can't delete the program since the program lives in the system partition which is not accessible over a USB connection.

Since you stated that you created a zero length file called uninstall (case sensitive!) in .adds/nm, restarted your Kobo and NickelMenu was not removed, that suggests something is seriously hooped on your Kobo. You might want to post in the NickelMenu: An integrated launcher for Kobo eReaders thread.

Another item is that unless you have enabled developer mode and used the factory reset from Settings => Device settings => Developer Options => Factory reset your eReader or used a manual factory reset, the system partition will not be reset to factory and NickelMenu would not be removed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 11:54 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Do you mean Nickel (the native Kobo reading interface) OR Nickel Menu (an add-on by pgaskin for Kobo)?

You are creating the uninstall file in the correct location? With the device attached to your computer create a file in the .adds/nm/ directory called uninstall I know the documentation says KOBOeReader/.adds/nm/uninstall but the KOBOeReader part is just referring to where the eReader is mounted on your computer.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote