Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Gregfromcos
Gregfromcos is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-950
Is Economist changing things?

I've been receiving notes from the Economist for a month saying they are going to change their digital access some. Here is the message I received today.

Not a big deal for me if they lock it down. I was a subscriber for years and would be again if they lock things back down.

Just a heads up that changes may be coming.

Also I've received this note to both my email that I was a subcriber with, as well as an email address I was never a subscriber with.

Quote:
Dear Reader,

We hope you have taken the opportunity to enjoy full access to The Economist online, The Economist on Android, iPhone and iPad and The Economist in audio, a range of benefits that are only available to subscribers.

We have been providing you with full digital access to The Economist due to an error in our systems. Our system will be updated to correct this error next week. After that time, your full digital access will only continue if you subscribe.

I would therefore like to explain the subscription options that are available:

1. Digital subscription which includes full access to:
• The Economist online
• The Economist on Android, iPhone and iPad
• The Economist in audio
Click here for more details.

2. Print subscription which includes access to:
• All of the digital benefits listed above
• The print edition of The Economist, delivered direct to your door every week
Click here for more details.

You will continue to enjoy full digital access until the system update. After that, your access will be restricted to a limited number of articles each week unless you subscribe.

We hope that you have taken advantage of your accidental digital access to The Economist. It would be our pleasure to welcome you as a subscriber.

If you have already subscribed following our previous message, thank you and please ignore this message.

If you currently have a print subscription and have received this message in error, it may be that you need to activate your online account. Please go to www.economist.com/subscriptions/activation, log in and enter your Customer Reference Number (CRN) which can be found on the address label of your copy of The Economist.

If you have already contacted us regarding this message and had changes made to your account, please ignore this message.

Yours sincerely,

Nick Blunden
Publisher, The Economist online
Gregfromcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Economist went to subscription based access for their website once before (that is why there are two economist recipes in calibre). If they do so again, the recipe will have to be changed accordingly.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert