Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Varley
Varley began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
Most kindle books suddently not available to buy ?

I'm guessing something must be broken at Amazon as most UK Region books are no longer available.

It still lists the books but around 75% can't be bought and show 'This item is currently not available.' next to the picture of the front cover. Grrrr.
Varley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
james_bray
james_bray began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Angry Grrr...

Yep, I'm getting the same.

Annoying, but I'm sure they're onto it....
james_bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Even the paper books are showing the same.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
blackcat
Connoisseur
blackcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD, Ipad 4
That is why I can't find most of the books I am trying to hunt for then for my wish list
blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The whole site seems to be borked. And i was going to buy a couple books today to bring my TBR pile up a bit...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
blackcat
Connoisseur
blackcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD, Ipad 4
Maybe they are putting the Kindle 3 on there :O
blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
RamTheHammer
RamTheHammer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Maybe it's for the new "lower" prices!

Just hoping......
RamTheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm trying to download my books and I can't.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I can't get on the site
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Fascinating - I can get on Amazon but no links work to access the ebook section.

Whoops - now nothing works - the site appears fubared!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"It's not just you" confirms - Amazon is down!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #12
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I blame Steve Jobs.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #13
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I blame Steve Jobs.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #14
M_Agnum
Bezos > Jobs
M_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Seems to work fine for me.
M_Agnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
BVLarson
Author
BVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
It seems to be working now. Was down about 5 hours. Perhaps down was wrong, it was like a flopping zombie on the floor, trying to work but failing in a disturbing way...

Sorry, been working on another horror book lately.
BVLarson is offline   Reply With Quote