Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #121
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Uh oh Australia. You are going to get your butts kicked.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #122
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Uh oh Australia. You are going to get your butts kicked.
They look shell-schocked. Better calm down or they will be in the same path of Spain today.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #123
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Indeed. Chile is dominating the possession.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:13 PM   #124
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FIFA needs to fix their site so the videos actually play. Wanting to watch the goals again all that plays is the introduction and the Sony logo. Stupid FIFA blocking out the world from accessible highlights.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #125
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I'm out for the day soon, so I'll get my prediction for the England match in before I go.

Italy 1 v 0 England

It'll be boring, inept possession play from us I'm afraid.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #126
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I'm out for the day soon, so I'll get my prediction for the England match in before I go.

Italy 1 v 0 England

That would be a shame. All four games have been great so far, I'm looking forward to more of the same.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #127
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I honour of Mr. Bilbo and to give luck to England and because I think it looks nice:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Robin Hood Pub in Jarrow.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	124157  
Old 06-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #128
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Playing Italy is always frustrating, but I hope England get a 1-0. This is more a wish than a prediction

Old 06-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #129
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
World Cup Fever!!!

I'm glad there's a thread for the World Cup, I didn't expect there would be one here. It's nice reading all of your thoughts. I'm a bit late to this but I've been watching the World Cup games and would like to give my view on the opening game and of course the Spain vs. Holland match.

First off, like with every World Cup, I'm rooting for Spain and Germany. Also Belgium for the first time; they've got potential and some excellent players, the majority of their players are pretty young.

The game between Brazil and Croatia was a good opening match, albeit not the best. Croatia fought so hard. I really wanted them to win, they played so much better than the Brazilians but unfortunately (yes, unfortunately) Brazil managed to be victorious even though they were clearly struggling. And then came Fred and Mr. Nishimura; gosh, got me so mad. He should've been sent off for that stupid dive, he basically just dropped himself to the ground. And for the referee, FIFA should think twice before letting him take charge of another World Cup game again. It was obviously not a penalty! Neymar was the player of the match, that was expected. So yes, I don't think Brazil deserved the win (no offense to those who think otherwise).

Now yesterday's game between Spain and Holland was a clean and fair play. The penalty in this game was a penalty, fair and square, but again, some people think it's not. The defender left his trailing leg and Costa was brought down by it. He got his leg swept from under him. The contact was minimal but it is a definite penalty. I think the defender was reckless to dive like that anyway.

Anyway, as I stated in the beginning, I always root for Spain but come on, they were a huge disappointment. It felt like it wasn't Spain playing, where was Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, Torres?? They were all quiet. Five goals! And it could've been worse as the Dutch missed many chances. That diving header from Van Persie and Robben's volley which was saved by Casillas but nevertheless was absolutely superb. They say Van Persie was the best player of the match, but I say Arjen Robben was, his performance was excellent, he was all over the field, while Van Persie was just waiting for the ball to come to him. Anyway, this game is bound to be a World Cup classic.

I have to talk about Diego Costa. I don't like him in the squad. He seems lost. I don't think having him in the team was a good decision. They shouldn't have granted him his "wish". He does not fit in the team and their style of play. He is Brazilian, Brazil is a really good team, why did he turn his back on his country? I want him out. I want him out and Villa in. It'd be better if he just leaves.

Now the penalties given in the games so far have all been controversial. A lot think now is the time for instant video replays to be implemented in football. Would this really be a good idea? I for one am completely against video replays. IMO, it would ruin the flow of the game. I wouldn't want to watch a match that would get constantly interrupted; there would be a lot of commercial interruptions which would make watching a game a lot less enjoyable. I strongly believe the referee's decision whatever that may be should be the final decision. Having video replays would weaken the referee's position. Plus, many teams would abuse this and demand replays.

The Colombia vs. Greece match just ended. 3:0 for Colombia. Didn't expect it. James Rodriguez scored during extra time (93') and he's Man of the Match. It was a good game. Colombia played well. Greece not so much. Which was surprising because they are a very good team.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #130
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

What a cracker of a game this Uruguay-Costa Rica. The central americans are surprising me.

I don't remember having a World Cup with such a great start. So many goals and a great number of intense and vibrant games and upsets.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #131
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

I think he was a great central defender, but it seems to me Diego Lugano is a bit on the older and slower side to be in this World Cup.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #132
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio_vr View Post

The World Cup in the "jungle"
Old 06-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #133
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

I love all the Google doodles.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #134
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

Italy 1 v 0 England

My wife would not root for England even if the England team were the last human beings left on Earth.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #135
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My wife would not root for England even if the England team were the last human beings left on Earth.
Is she Argentinian? Scottish?