I do it with the little finger. 1 1.08%
I do it with all my fingers (please explain) 2 2.15%
I do it with a toe 1 1.08%
I use another way (please specify) 2 2.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #46
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaxt6 View Post
Does the 600 have an oleophobic treatment on the surface of the screen like others touch devices on the market?
I have no idea! I had to look up the term. It is easy to get an oily fingerprint on the device if you aren't careful, but it wipes off easily with a cloth designed for eyeglasses.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #47
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaxt6 View Post
Does the 600 have an oleophobic treatment on the surface of the screen like others touch devices on the market?
I'd say yes. The few fingerprints there were went away with the little cloth I have since I bought a protection for the iPod Touch (it was included to clean the device before applying the cover), and it's not one of those superstrong microfiber ones. (Although I must add that I used it on the screen of the Macbook and worked better than the original cloth!)
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #48
Tinsel
Tinsel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 600
First go to the options menu and chose which direction you want to set for page turning under the menu option: Page Turn Gesture.

Than using the Stylus, move the Stylus in the direction that you chose (either left or right) and it will turn the page. I pick any area on the current page where there is space between two paragraphs so that the Stylus will not highlight a word instead of turning the page for me, so I could turn the page in the middle of the page, at the top, at the bottom, wherever there is an open area of space available.
Tinsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #49
Keef
Enthusiast
Keef began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
On the 900 if you have the highlight feature on, you can't turn the pages with your finger so you have to use the button. I found I use the button often to turn pages, and other times my finger.
Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #50
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
at first switched to R->L; more recently back to L->R

I read with a standard Sony cover (without the built-in light), and usually open in my left hand, turning pages with my thumb on the buttons. But, sometimes I like to use the screen--maybe the lighting conditions are such that I'll hold the reader two-handed, for example, or when reading in landscape mode. Then I am more likely to use screen gesture page turning, usually with the thumbnail on my right hand.

At first I changed the gesture direction from the default L->R to R->L, because that felt more "natural", as if I were turning the page of a book. (I initially found the "default" to be a bit "odd" as in "counter-intuitive." But this changed.)

Later on I experimented the other way (Left->Right) and found that, for me, ergonomically, I used much less energy with a very slight "thumb-scratch" at the edge of the screen, typically near the lower right corner.

However, I probably rely on the buttons for page turns 90+% of the time. I like having the screen for situations when the buttons are not as convenient; and I agree with the comments that some additional page-turn buttons at other key spots would have been nice.

Cheers!
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #51
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I initially switched the default setting to L->R for a more natural book feeling, too. But reverted back to default pretty soon as the buttons do not reflect that change. So while you get further within a book by swiping L->R, I had to press the > button which seemed opposite. I also caught myself pressing the wrong button just because of this.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
page turn gesture, prs-600, touch screen