Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-03-2023, 08:42 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Scary Clown Covers

I love clown covers on horror books.

Do you have any favorite clown covers? Or favorite clown books?

I particularly like clowns who don't practice good dental hygiene. Why is it that clowns don't take care of their teeth?

Also, why are some clowns so fat? Do they have poor eating habits, as well?

I also notice that some clowns are not familiar with fingernail and toenail clippers. Is this the reason why clowns wear such big shoes?

Some clowns in horror books wear no clown costume. They're not naked, mind you! They were born that way, looking like clowns. (I have a relative who looks like a clown, but he denies being one. I remember one day - and being very young - that I pulled on his face and it did not come off. I think he lied to me.)

Clowns are definitely misunderstood. But, overall, I think inviting a clown to your party (especially a killer clown), indicates a feeling of deep empathy toward an often misunderstood group of horror characters. Don't you think so, too?

Here's one I just picked up:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clown Cornfield.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	791.0 KB
ID:	204535  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-03-2023 at 08:58 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 10:47 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
My go-to clown cover is the Charles Beaumont story collection The Howling Man.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2023, 11:21 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't have a favorite clown cover or book, but I do have a favorite clown movie.

KILLER CLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE

Name:	913N63RRIFL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	204553 Click image for larger version

Name:	Clowns.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	204554

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-03-2023 at 11:26 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 01:19 AM   #4
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
But on a more serious note...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	700.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	204556   Click image for larger version

Name:	41569226.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	204557  
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 01:14 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's of course the various It covers.

The classic Tim Curry

The French edition

The Serbian edition

And one I have a soft spot for, the psychedelic US re-release

And the one currently on my Kobo
Advert
Old 11-04-2023, 03:39 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
My go-to clown cover is the Charles Beaumont story collection The Howling Man.
I actually have this paperback. (And I think [?] I have a hardcover first edition.)

I always think of Paul Dooley when I see this cover.

ADDED: And I forgot to say what a wonderful writer Charles Beaumont was. (One of the top 3 or 4 who wrote for the original Twilight Zone series w/ Rod Serling.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Paul Dooley.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	204568  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-04-2023 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2023, 03:41 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Didn't Zebra/Pinnacle have something along the lines of a clown cover?
Old 11-05-2023, 12:49 AM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Didn't Zebra/Pinnacle have something along the lines of a clown cover?
They did. And skeletal jesters. I just couldn't think of any.