Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #1
AndyCapon
Enthusiast
AndyCapon began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook & iLiad
Getting stuff onto the CF Card

Hi Guys,

My CF card has arrived, iLiad recognises it fine.

When copying over wireless I only get about 5KB/sec transfer, so it is going to take a month of sundays to copy the 3MB or so I have.

SO I connected via USB and only the main memory mounts as a disk, I cannot see the CF file.

I am at a bit of a loss now, how do I transfer stuff to the CF card?

Any help would be really apreciated.

Andy
AndyCapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
On the configuration page you can select which storage device is visible via USB.

Alternatively, you could use a USB card reader on your PC, and write the data directly to the CF card.

Very slow access to the CF card when transferring files via WiFi is a known issue.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
AndyCapon
Enthusiast
AndyCapon began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook & iLiad
Hi Harry,

Thanks again.

I have connected it via the network cable at the moment and I am getting about 1MB/sec so it must be a Base10 device.

I am putting in a tech support ticket about wireless and the CF card as it works fine to the main memory and wireless is the way I would like to use it.

Once again thanks for your help

Andy
AndyCapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #4
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
I bought this one. for 7,50€

http://www.delock.de/produkte/gruppe..._20_91633.html

The 4GB wikipedia file took a whilte to get onto the CF, but not drastically long. I didn't look on the watch however. I don't know some minutes it was. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with this thing, and I now like to use it much more to transfer data "to the iliad" than actually connecting directly with it.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote