Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I am not sure why no one has recommended converting the html file to txt with textile formating then back to html in calibre you seem to want to keep italics bold and headings mostly this keeps that and removes majority of the css crap word and other such editors add to HTML files
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #17
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The WordStar users group (a Yahoo email group) would probably have someone interested in those disks. It would be easier to lash up a 5.25 inch drive than to find a new copy of WordStar!

Its days are numbered, though. Windows 7 32-bit appears to be the last port of call for the computer owner of small brain to run WS. Anything more modern than 7 would require heroic efforts for probably disappointing results.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #18
jackibar
Enthusiast
jackibar began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
When you say you "saved as RTF, and tried pulling that straight into Sigil," I assume that you exported the HTML first?
Actually <blush> no, I didn't even realize that TextEdit HAD an html export feature so yes, I had just copied and pasted from the rtf file, which of course gave me the mess I mentioned.

I found the export to html feature within TextEdit and turned the CSS part OFF so it wouldn't include all that extra code I didn't want in my html file - and this has been working quite nicely for me now
jackibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
jackibar
Enthusiast
jackibar began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
If you're writing a book from scratch, there's a lot to be said for starting off in Sigil. You'll get the ultimate "Clean code", just paragraphs and maybe a Header style for chapter titles. Which is just about all it's sensible to ask of an eBook, though you can play around complicating it if you like!

If you want a printed version, Ctrl-A in Page View of each chapter followed by Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V into Word doesn't take long. Then you can add page layout as much as you wish, in a medium that will take some notice of it!

(Translate all that into Mac if necessary.)
LOL - not hard to translate to Mac

This is a wonderful idea, and I will probably go with this method in the future if I can talk my client into letting me do the digital version FIRST(!) - This particular client was VERY picky about the layout and wanted to see pdf's all along the way to make sure I was getting it how she wanted. So I didn't see any way to do it other than go with the print version first...
jackibar is offline   Reply With Quote