Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2008, 11:58 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can use Libprs500 to make collections as well
How would you do this? I don't remember seeing that in the Docs?

Also, do you know, if you edit the metadata, does it change the book file or just the data in the database?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:01 AM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybo View Post
Oh, well there's no point at all to that horrible Sony software, then.
Not if you don't want to buy books from Sony, anyway.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2008, 12:14 AM   #18
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
How would you {make collections}?
Edit the "tags" column.

Collections are annoying because you still get the big list of everything, so I've ended up with a "misc" tag for everything that's not otherwise tagged. I'd like to have a bulk tag facility but IMO there's more important things to work on.
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #19
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Edit the "tags" column.

Collections are annoying because you still get the big list of everything, so I've ended up with a "misc" tag for everything that's not otherwise tagged. I'd like to have a bulk tag facility but IMO there's more important things to work on.
Libprs500 also makes collections for series. So if you enter the series name and number for each book in the series, you'll see a collection whose name is the series name; the books in the series will appear in the correct order inside the collection. It's quite nice! (Thanks, kovid!)

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Libprs500 also makes collections for series. So if you enter the series name and number for each book in the series, you'll see a collection whose name is the series name; the books in the series will appear in the correct order inside the collection. It's quite nice! (Thanks, kovid!)

Xenophon
Ah cool, I have added all my books (not many) to libprs's db, but I have yet to try to use it to put books on my Sony.

Also, when you do "Save TO Disk" in the Directory format on a Sony 505, those folders don't show up in the sony right? Or, do you have to use the flat format when using Save To Disk for the Sony?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #21
Atlantic
Atlantic invented the internet.Atlantic invented the internet.Atlantic invented the internet.Atlantic invented the internet.Atlantic invented the internet.Atlantic invented the internet.Atlantic invented the internet.Atlantic invented the internet.Atlantic invented the internet.Atlantic invented the internet.Atlantic invented the internet.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad
If I understand this correctly, tags in Libprs500 are recognized by the sony reader and then filed in the collections folder. ie tag a book with mystery in Libprs500 then the tag mystery will appear in the collections folder of the sony reader.

Is this correct ?

Thanks
Atlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:36 PM   #22
heatherc
Enthusiast
heatherc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Drag and drop - PRS505?

Can I drag and drop books into the reader without using the Sony Connect software? I keep having problems with the software not opening at all.

If I can drag and drop...can I still organize collections?
heatherc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #23
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
You can drag and drop books directly to the reader through Windows Explorer (except for books purchased from the Sony store). You won't be able to organize your books into collections this way, though.

Also, check out Calibre, a great program written by Kovid Goyal available here:
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net

Calibre does support collections and much more--a great program!

One thing that the Sony software does that neither "drag 'n drop" or Calibre won't do is "prepaginate" books before they're added to the reader. So, on longer books it'll take the reader a while to open the file the first time you open it. Also, changing font sizes for the first time in a book will take longer.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #24
heatherc
Enthusiast
heatherc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Oo - good to know. Thanks!
heatherc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook library, sony