Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
What Song Do You Like/Recommend?

This thread is similar to "What Are You Listening to Right Now?" But rather than songs that you are listening to (which has caused me to pass on posting many songs I think are great), this thread is a place to let people know the songs that you like and/or recommend. If possible, along with the song include a little information on why you like and/or recommend the song, and YouTube video it it exists. I hope you find this thread interesting.

To start the thread:

Reflection by Lea Salonga (from the Disney movie "Mulan"):

An outstanding song that is very moving and one of the highlights of the movie (much like "Over The Rainbow" was a highlight in "The Wizard Of Oz"). Salonga's performance is perfect. This video adds to the song since the song is such a perfect match for the character of Hinata Hyuga (from the anime series "Naruto").
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel - 'Sebastian'.

I think this song is a masterpiece, and a tantalising glimpse of where pop music might have been heading before punk swept it all away.
Not that punk was all bad, but we sometimes forget what we lost because of it.

Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.yodnm.com/
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Lea Salonga could sing the phone book and I'd be enthralled. Here's one I love, both the song and the singer.

Dang, finally. Only took me six tries to get this embedded
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:03 AM   #7
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:11 AM   #8
sherya mathur
Enthusiast
sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherya mathur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: saamabook
i likes one Indian song that is sandeshe aate hai.
sherya mathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Trying To Get The Feeling Again

One song that I'd strongly recommend is one of my favorite songs: "Trying To Get The Feeling Again."

The song was originally written by David Pomeranz for the Carpenters (but not included on the then-upcoming album "Horizon") and was later a hit for Barry Manilow. The Carpenters' version features the original lyrics for the song, later changed for Manilow's version.

The Carpenters' version:

The David Pomeranz version:

The Barry Manilow version:

Although I liked the Manilow version, it wasn't one of my favorites. It was when I heard the Carpenters version, with its much sadder and more chilling lyrics that the song became a favorite of mine. Since then I grown to enjoy the Manilow version more.

With Manilow's version there is some hope that the relationship can be salvaged. With the Carpenters' version it appears that the relationship is over.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
happy_terd
Banned